Binge watched tv shows

Yes it does – the “Succession” theme is my phone ringtone!

We’ve been watching Middlemarch which is fun if you like Masterpiece Theater type miniseries. Also Babylon Berlin, but I think we are going to have to put it on pause as DH thinks it’s too depressing when he’s already feeling down. Are there any cheery shows in German? It’s nice to get some practice in!

[quote]
Are there any cheery shows in German?[./quote]

Can “German” and “cheery” ever go together?

I’m loving Little Fires. I loved the book too. We started Better Things last night and I think we’ll like it.

My friend is a big Succession fan but didn’t think it appropriate to tell her at the wedding. But it drove her crazy for a good bit trying to figure out where she knew this person from. I honestly didn’t recognize her from the picture she showed me. I think I was too distracted by the weird getup she was wearing - and I watch the show, too.

[quote=“Iglooo, post:3763, topic:1660757”]

Oxymoron!

Has anyone mentioned “Enlightened” with Laura Dern? She plays a professional woman who suffers a breakdown and is trying to make a comeback. It’s kind of hard to watch, but wow, is she an amazing actress.

Is Succession on Amazon or Netflix?

I just finished watching Season 9 of Doc Martin on Roku Acorn. I did the free trial just I could watch it. Wish I had waited a couple years, as I think there will be one more and you only get one trial.

It wasn’t that great if you haven’t seen it.

@MaineLonghorn

I loved Enlightened. Watched it when it was originally on. I was mad when it ended.

Laura D is one of my fav actors.

@conmama - HBO.

@conmama Succession is an HBO series, but I don’t get HBO and have been watching on Amazon Video.

Thanks @Bromfield2 . Bummer, I only get Prime.

^^^I think, and I could be wrong, that if you get Prime, you also have access to Prime Video.

I just signed up for 6 months of Starz for $25 via a Facebook ad. I will be watching Outlander (so far have only seen Season 1 and a bit of 2). Also will watch The White Queen and White Princess, and Spider-Man Far From Home. Now that you know my tastes ;), any other recommendations?

Where could I find Enlightened? I like Laura Dern and a nervous breakdown show is right up my alley? lol

replying to my post since I do not know how to delete it but I see my question was answered when I reread the post.
thanks all

@Marilyn I was late to all 3 shows and I watch alone. DH doesn’t like historical/period shows. I caught up to Outlander and I enjoy it. Last year I watched The White Queen since I liked Rebecca Ferguson in movies. Today I have The White Princess finale to watch, Killing Eve star Jodie Comer stars

@emilybee If you like Laura Dern she stars in a great, dark marriage movie with Mark Ruffalo, We Don’t Live Here Anymore. Then Laura is so understated in movies like The Fault in our Stars and Wild. And I would hope I’d wait until the end of the wedding to ask about Matthew Macfadyen!

Enlightened is on Amazon Prime. It was very good yet hard to watch at times. I love Laura Dern.

Sometimes, I Google “Watch xxx,” whatever the show name is. Then I can find the choices of where to watch. Sometimes they charge in one place, but not in another.

Thank you Patrick Stewart!!

@Marilyn , if you’re going to watch White Queen and White Princess, don’t leave out Spanish Princess, which is the third in the series of shows based on the Phillipa Gregory books. We just lost Starz from our cable package and are contemplating taking it for a few months at $5 per month, just to see the new season of Outlander, and maybe the next Phillipa Gregory series.

If you have Netflix, the first 3 seasons of Outlander are there.