Binge watched tv shows

I’m thinking of picking up a few more subscriptions, at least for a while. Like Masterpiece Theater. What the hey. It’s a cheap solution to being housebound and a simple way to catch up on a lot.

Thinking of picking up an online educ class, too. Any ideas for something interesting in this arena? It’s a form of binging, too.

OK, I’m going to start by binge watching Outlander from the beginning; been a few years since I saw it anyway. And I greatly prefer the earlier books. Now I have something to do when I can’t fall asleep.

Two words, folks. I guarantee you won’t think about the coronavirus for 7 hours:

TIGER KING (on Netflix.)

^Agree @katliamom. It was … a compelling, crazy, horrific, head-scratching distraction.

I’m going to start Unorthodox this weekend. It’s only 4 episodes long.

@emilybee I just read about that and it looks great. I’m also looking forward to Defending Jacob and I Know This Much Is True both starting in April . They look like good quarantine shows.

@ams5796,

My mother watched all of it yesterday. She loved it. She had read a book by the same author awhile ago.

Weather going to be dreary here this weekend so I’ll be doing a lot of tv watching.

I’m looking forward to IKTMiT, too.

I don’t have Apple TV so I’ll have to wait until the next time I visit my mom - but who knows when the heck that will be.

I’m late to the party and not much of a TV watcher, but I have been watching (and loving) The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel the last week! It’s my escape.

@ams5796 I liked Defending Jacob and loved I Know This Much is True (the books). Excited for those in April!

@FallGirl I’ve watched the entire series but now I’m watching it again with my daughter. She really likes it, too.

I’ve been watching a Korean series - just 1 year; not extended - but its pretty sweet. has subtitles. it’s on Netflix and its call Crash Landing On You. A South Korean gal crash lands in North Korea. Its fascinating to see the North Korea culture depicted; I wonder how accurate it is. anyways, it’s cute (and under the romance section)

Defending Jacob was a great novel. I too am looking forward to seeing the show.

Season 3 of Babylon Berlin is really good. I still get a little confused about what’s going on sometimes, and the subtitles are a little stilted, but I love the two main characters and can’t wait for Season 4!

Next on my list is season 2 of My Brilliant Friend on HBO.

Just finished epi one of Unorthodox- it is so good!

Thanks to those who recommended Tiger King. You just can’t make this stuff up! Crazy!

I just started watching Anne with an E on Netflix. Mostly delightful, with a smattering of mildly disturbing scenes mixed in.

@bgbg4us , My 16 y/o and I loved , loved, “Crash Landing On You” Can’t wait for the second season.

1 Like

Just started “Dublin Murders”. Only the first episode, but Im sold!

Hubby is watching Picard on CBS All Access. He loves it! I come in and out watching it but I love Patrick Steward so much so mostly I’m in it for him.

Started Ozark last night. H promptly fell asleep! Blah! I’ll try again tonight and keep going without him if it’s too good to stop.

So instead, I started The English Game. I’m really enjoying it.

Every night I time travel to 1700’s Scotland and spend some time with Claire and Jamie.