Binge watched tv shows

@1214mom My husband didn’t care for Big Little Lies, so I assumed he wouldn’t like Little Fires, since both focus on upper-middle class family life in the US. He ended up watching the last 4 episodes of Little Fires and said that he enjoyed it. Go figure.

@1214mom My husband watched and liked Little Fires Everywhere with me. He also watched Big Little Lies. Then Outlander and The Crown, I was on my own! Also, Broadchurch, Happy Valley and The Fall I watched alone and loved them. Recently, we watched both seasons of Sex Education, laughed and loved. We have one more After Life with Ricky Gervais. I bet he would have liked all but Outlander but I’m not being pushy ?

Thanks for the suggestions. We are taking a “reading break” but may try something new this weekend.

OH NO!! That’s it for “The Plot Against America”?

I need more!

@1214mom , I did the Hulu free trial yesterday to watch Little Fires. Just from one episode, I know H wouldn’t be interested.

We have a Roku stick. We had to input all the info. Password and PIN, so get that ready.

Thanks to whomever posted about free HBO series a couple of weeks ago. We’ve watched the last season of Veep, the 2nd season of Big Little Lies, and Succession. Enjoyed them all.

In case Netflix hasn’t reminded you already, new season of Bordertown is available May 11.

Kari was one of the characters I ended up fascinated by. So glad he’s back.

I started Never Have I Ever around 3 pm today and just finished it around 8:30. Loved it and it was a nice, sweet rom-com escape from our current challenges.

I watched Never Have I Ever and The Half of It, both teen coming of age type shows, with a mixture of comic and poignant. I actually like The Half of It best. It is a movie, while Never Have I Ever is 10 thirty minute episodes. I really liked the unexpected message at then end of The Half of It an the ways in which it departed from predictable plot lines from the past (Cyrano de Bergerac).

We’re watching Normal People on Hulu. It’s a relationship/feelings drama. Very good.

I just binge watched Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural. Not a traditional show, it’s like a ghost hunters show but hilarious.

It takes a lot to get me to laugh at something but three episodes in and I couldn’t breathe i was laughing so hard.

The same guys do a true crime edition of the show but I haven’t watched it yet. I binged 7 seasons of the supernatural one in two days.

It’s on Prime and I think Hulu. And also youtube.

“Succession”. HBO. I’d watch just to hear that music!

Win the wilderness (Netlifx) is an LOL take on reality TV. Really, it is even dumber than it sounds. The sickly sweetness of bake off mixed with faux wilderness survival scenarios (ride on mower test!) and a completely unbelievable premise. I am pretty sure the contestants are only British because Americans, Alaskans especially wouldn’t touch the place with a bargepole. It is like there is no prize, just a massive liability. Worth watching ?

Watched first episode of Mrs. America - I’m hooked. Will watch another episode tonight.

I agree – I felt the same way about the theme music from House of Cards and Downton Abbey.

The Succession theme is my ringtone :smiley:

if you like downton abbey and soccer or football i recommend the Perfect Game on netflix. julian fellowes ftw!

Thanks for reco on Never Have I Ever.

I’ve watched the first 5-6 episodes so far. The mom reminds me a lot of a few people in the Class 2021 thread :wink:

We tried to watch “Succession” and had to turn it off after 25 minutes. Should have turned it off after 15 minutes but we wanted to give it more time as many here recommended it. Not one character is likeable and too much expletives.

I have enjoyed “Unorthodox”, “Shtisel” and a documentary “Daughters of Destiny”. Also saw “Extracted”. H liked it but I spent half the time closing my eyes to explicit violence.

We watched the first two episodes of Succession. Didn’t quite grab our attention although we might go back to it if the drought gets worse :slight_smile:

Started watching Never Have I Ever last night on netflix. Humorous and quick moving, although it is a teen drama of sorts. We enjoyed it - finished about four episodes. Will likely watch the rest tonight.

@eb23282 I watched “Never have I ever” and I am a mom of 2021 daughter who is 1/2 of Punjabi. It was a cute show for sure. But I hope I am not one of those moms.