Binge watched tv shows

Now that I was forced by this thread to get Apple TV :joy: Iā€™m enjoying both The Morning Show and Ted Lasso.

8 Likes

All 3 seasons of Shtisel are wonderful!

1 Like

I have a Roku stick. All the streaming options pop up when I go to that. Not sure where I type something when Iā€™m there. I guess I never looked at it that well before.

Have you seen Srugim? Itā€™s on Amazon Prime. Not as good as Shtisel and production wise, not as high quality- but it was enjoyable.

I am sad I have only 2 more Shtisel episodes left.

Oh yes. I enjoyed Srugim.

Now, if you want something to die for funny from Israel, look for Hashoter Hatov on Netflix. They unfortunately only have the first season. My husband and I laughed out loud, over and over as we watched it. I wish that Netflix would get the second and third seasons with subtitles. My Hebrew is not good enough to follow the rapid-fire hilarious dialogue, without subtitles.

Thanks- Iā€™ll check it out!

FNL had plot holes ā€¦ as do most shows. Weā€™ve learned to suspend disbelief. Itā€™s not like Spiderman, Ironman etc is plausibleā€¦ but we still enjoy it. We selected Silent Witness (Amazon Prime) for Covid since 21 seasons. Itā€™s an interesting forensics crime show which requires suspending disbelief of the MANY coincidental ties between crime victim and pathology staff.

ā€œGoogle knows all - itā€™s not that complicatedā€ - Of course. Sometimes I google to find the app of a show I mention (if canā€™t remember) because it can save a dozen people having to do a search for a show on app they donā€™t have.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I remember that! OP, itā€™s worth plowing through. As someone who learned of FNL here and started watching with extreme skepticism (zero interest in football of any kind or Texas high school culture), I really enjoyed it.

Itā€™s been a while since I watched FNL and donā€™t remember what happened is seasons 2, but keep watching. I love Saracen - ā€œHi Coach. Hiā€¦Mrs. Coachā€. Haha.

3 Likes

Just finished Halt and Catch Fire on Netflix. So glad that I did not give up after Season 1 - each season after that has gotten better and better and the last handful of episodes were incredibly moving. This show has done such a great job building very real and complex characters (as an example, this is one of the rare shows where the teenage characters are done so well - capturing all the glory of their both bratty & loving behavior). After seeing how a bad ending can ruin an entire series (GOT, Lost, How I Met Your Mother), itā€™s so nice to see a series absolutely nail itā€™s ending like this one did. On another note, Schittā€™s Creek is another show that nailed its ending too!

5 Likes

Agree @Lemontree. I canā€™t watch HIMYM ever again after that ending. It literally ruined that show for me and it just pisses me off. It made me feel like Iā€™d been conned.

4 Likes

Looks like the first scenes of HCF are in Austin. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am the least technical person ever but loved Halt and Catch Fire. I started playing a game with myself identifying what real tech/products/companies were being depicted.

3 Likes

My husband and I are fairly technical, so we roll our eyes a lot during Halt and Catch Fire and make comment about some of the unrealistic aspects. (We also speculate about the real tech/products/companies). Still we decided to stick with it and have watched about 5 episodes so far.

1 Like

@parentologist , I love your screenname! LOL.

ā€œJust Watchā€ is an iphone app which lets you search for tv shows/movies/actors etc and then shows you where you can watch them. You can input whatever services you already have and then it will also show if it is free to you or possible cost to rent. Great free app.

3 Likes

I think this was one of those situations when ignorance is bliss. I did a lot of googling.

1 Like

Thanks! Just Watch looks like a very helpful iphone app. For now I did not make account, just used the Search function.

Just watched "Life Overtakes Meā€™ on Netflix, a short documentary on the ā€œresignation syndromeā€ suffered by refugee children in Sweden (and a few other countries). Basically trauma drives them into a coma-like state. Two hundred children in Sweden alone.

1 Like

Just stared DCI Banks on Hulu. Good solid British police procedural. Having fun recognizing British actors in this series from other shows weā€™ve watched. So far have seen the actor who played Major Simcoe on Turn: Washingtonā€™s Spies and those who play Inspector Mallory and Hercule Flambeau on Father Brown.

1 Like