Binge watched tv shows

I agree, it declined a bit. Without spoiling it, I did like how certain people took other people’s places, so despite her character’s downfall someone better took her spot.

I was able to watch the first season of The Indian Doctor on Amazon Prime but Prime doesn’t have seasons 2 and 3 yet.

We have 2 PBS stations here, one the ‘rich’ station that gets all the latest episodes of everything and the ‘poor’ one that has Austin City Limits from 10 years ago and a lot more local programs. Tonight, the ‘poor’ station has season 2 starting. For the last 5 weeks had season 1, but I just wasn’t sure if they’d move right into season 2. I’m sure the rich PBS had the series on 10 years ago.

Yea! I’ve got it all set to record because the Red Sox are on at that time.

Shetland returns!!!

3 Likes

I just finished watching 8 seasons of Seaside Hotel. I loved it! If you don’t mind subtitles, it’s a fun show.

1 Like

They filmed 2 seasons back to back, so there will be Shetland this year and next.

1 Like

I like Douglas Henshall playing Jimmy even though he does not look anywhere like what the author described Jimmy in the book.

2 Likes

Shetland is one of the few film adaptations that I think is better than the books.

3 Likes

I agree !
The addition of Tosh is a great idea, too -I read thzt the author was okay with it. I read the first book and some of the changes they made were for the better (overdramatic things in the book that created entirely different interpersonal dynamics).

3 Likes

Those two fathers (Duncan and Jimmy) have argued like a husband and wife when it comes to raising their only child. It is amusing.

Agree about adding Tosh.

A couple of years ago, I was on the phone with a woman with a “Shetland accent”. I asked her if she was from that area. She was!! (not exactly the Shetland isles but close). She was impressed that I could tell. She said no one had guess it correctly before. I told her I watched Shetland. She said she would check it out.

1 Like

We’ve really been enjoying “Movies That Made Us” on Netflix. There are roughly 16 episodes over 3 seasons. Each episode they feature all of the behind the scenes tidbits and drama during the making of a blockbuster film. So far we have watched Nightmare Before Christmas, Aliens, Friday the 13th, Ghost Busters, and Back to the Future.

1 Like

It’s been awhile since I read the first Shetland books but I forgot Tosh wasn’t in them? I haven’t read the later ones. I liked the daughter being older in the TV show too and the scenery is just gorgeous.

1 Like

I think someone here (but I haven’t searched) recommended Only Murders in the Building (on Hulu). Thanks! I really enjoyed it. My daughter, on the other hand, doesn’t know who Steve Martin and Martin Short are, and so she would miss a lot of references.

For those who haven’t heard of it, the show features a trio of apartment building dwellers intent on creating a true crime podcast to document their efforts to solve a murder in the building. Lots of familiar faces in the cast. 10 half-hour episodes.

4 Likes

Just finished Only Murders last night. I love Steve Martin. I love him so so much.

Fun show! Excellent production design! Steve Martin and Martin Short are treasures!

5 Likes

A bit different than most that have been mentioned here. I have just finished with the first season of “The Chosen”. The first season is on Peacock so it’s free. It’s a series about the ministry of Christ starting with him calling those who will be his disciples. I was skeptical when I heard about it but for the type of program it is it is very well done.

2 Likes

Just finished season 2 of Ted Lasso. Although still good, it wasn’t nearly as great as season 1. I was actually starting to find Ted’s character to be difficult to watch. It was like everything he said had to be some form of a joke, to the point where it became unnatural and cringey.

Not sure if Succession has been mentioned? Really good - story of family infighting and struggles for power in a hugely wealthy media empire (looks to be based on the Murdoch family).

The acting is really on point and the storylines engaging. The characters are not the least admireable or nice - but somehow so watchable?

The accountremonts of the uber wealthy are also interesting to see (apparently lots of research conducted to make those aspects realistic!).

Season 2 just started.

6 Likes

I’m loving Succession. Watched Seasons 1 and 2 over the past month and now Season 3 - new episode every Sunday at 9 pm ET; 2 episodes so far. Great characters (not good people, but great characters), great acting, humor mixed in, fun seeing how the other 1% live.

3 Likes

Thank you one_two - corrected, season 3 of Succession just started! I binged seasons 1 and 2 so they all ran together, lol.

1 Like

I enjoyed both seasons of Succession and happy to learn there’s a new season. I love dysfunctional family stories of any kind. Is it on Hulu or HBO Max??

i like succession too. hbo max i think. ?? it is similar in some ways to Yellowstone. Patriarch dad, wayward sons, strong daughters, lots of wealth and power. it’d be fun - and just a dream - to see the two meet up and have a crossover.