Binge watched tv shows

Succession is on HBO and HBO Max. If you have HBO through your cable provider, the new episode is rerun several times during the week plus I think all the episodes are on demand.

1 Like

Just finished Call My Agent tonight. Am bereft! Now what?

7 Likes

We are at Season 13 for Silent Witness on Amazon Prime, having enjoyed it for a long time whenever we want a longer show. (Each story has 2-parts, and we watch them together). But it seems no longer free? The Just Watch app still shows it as a Prime show, but maybe it does not keep up(?)

1 Like

“Flesh and Blood” on PBS Masterpiece is a good mystery full of family secrets, with a twist at the end. Stars Imelda Staunton and Francesca Annis. There are just 4 episodes.

4 Likes

Has anyone seen Brokenwood, a New Zealand police detective/crime drama?

It is like a Midsomer Murders of New Zealand. It is quite good with New Zealand scenery instead of England.

My favorite character is the medical examiner. She is a hoot and makes us laugh out loud. Jared is another fun character.

2 Likes

If you liked Camille Cottin (Andrea), she’s in 2 very different films, Stillwater and The Mystery of Henri Pick. Gregory Montel (Gabriel) has a lead role in Perfumes. Laure Calamy won a French award for her lead role in Antoinette in the Cevennes with a donkey (it’s a reference to the RL Stevenson book).

If you liked Paris you could watch Lupin.

Apparently there’s going to be an Italian and a British Call my agent.

1 Like

The last few seasons are not on Prime.

this isnt really a binge watch question; but sort of a techy question about streaming shows. hope someone will help. … So i have hulu plus. i can watch shows on it after they air. However, i often fall asleep while watching; and when i want to go back to watch the ending, they are gone. anyone else having this issue? can’t find much about it online.

Thanks! I did watch Lupin already. I’ll watch most things set in Paris. Even Emily In…

1 Like

When we started with Amazon Prime during Covid, we picked Silent Witness because there were 21 seasons (each with 10 episode, ie 5 2-part stories). We were newly retired, and we wanted a series we could watch for a while. We are to Season 13 now (and who expected there to still be Covid?)…. and it appears they are now up to Season 25. Hopefully more seasons will eventually be available on Prime.

1 Like

That’s what I did (although not retired). I think I saw 21 seasons on Prime and for the rest, I got a free month on Britbox (I think) and binged through the rest.

2 Likes

I just saw this in the NY Times:
‘Broadchurch’: Seasons 1-3 leaving Netflix Nov. 26

1 Like

I’m guessing that when you fall asleep the episode plays through and reaches the end (while you are sleeping) so Hulu thinks you are done with the episode - can you go back to the series and replay an episode? You may have to fast forward to get to the part where you fell asleep!

I liked The Time it Takes on Netflix. Each episode is only 13 minutes long.

The new season of Doctor Who started yesterday. I’ll be watching it weekly and then binging it as a whole when it’s done, just before the New Years special. I thought it was a fantastic start to 13’s last season.

1 Like

We decided to try Britbox for a month to continue watching Silent Witness. That is on top of our normal Netflix and Amazon Prime (also with shipping perks) and Apple TV (added for Ted Lasso and sampling of other items).

I would not feel bad about that if I could convince hubby to consider dropping Comcast, mostly used for football season and new … and sometimes On Demand. I’ve deferred that when trying to decide how to deal with landline, which gives me the best phone quality with my dad but is also pricey.

Dropping football is never an option. :rofl:

1 Like

Live sports a must. Looked at YouTube TV, but when I called my cable provider to cut the cord, they immediately lowered my rates to beat the equivalent streaming package. Minimizing apps/controllers a must for most coach potatoes.

1 Like

@Colorado_mom we stopped cable in February 2020 right before the pandemic began. We are not big sports watchers so we haven’t had an issue with that.

We have a bundle with Spectrum that is just internet and our landline since H does not want to give it up as we have had that number for 33 years. Our bundle is $65 a month. We do pay for Netflix, Hulu and Disney Plus at the moment. One of our D’s pay for HBO Max and the other D has free Apple TV so we share all of these apps. We also have Amazon Prime. We never seem to have a shortage of shows to watch. On thing we don’t get on any of these is PBS so we are missing out on those shows. Last year I think we did a two month deal through Amazon for PBS and we were able to catch up on a bunch of shows we like. In the summer H does Hulu live to be able to watch the Tour de France and some of the other European bike races.

1 Like

We do YouTube TV for sports. I really don’t care much about sports, but my spouse likes to watch and he much prefers to let it record for a bit before he starts and then he can fast forward through any time-outs or ads and he only watches with the sound off. Hates the inane announcers.

1 Like