Binge watched tv shows

I watched the first 2 episodes. I liked it, but then it seemed to slow down and I stopped watching. I’m assuming it gets better.

The first 2 episodes were kind of slow.

Has anyone watched Inventing Anna on Netflix? D2 said I would like this one.

1 Like

I’ve watched Inventing Anna because I think Julia Garner (actress who plays Anna) is quite talented.(I really liked her in Ozark.) IMO Inventing Anna was good, but not wonderful. I found the accent that Garner used in the show grating.

1 Like

My D said the same thing about the accent, but liked the show!

Watched the first show of Queer Eye Germany. This will be interesting. I loved the American version. Not sure yet about the German one. I did not realize all the behavior could be replicated in a German version. I wonder, did the original one years ago also do the same format?

I binged the whole season (it’s only 5 episodes). It’s pretty comparable to the US reboot. For me, everything pales to the OG of Kyan, Jai, Carson, Ted and Thom.

1 Like

We just watched Reacher (Amazon Prime) – if you like Jason Bourne type movies it will be right up your alley. H loved it and I thought it was fine.

In a better late than never binge we just started Barry (HBO Max). Seems interesting/fun so far.

3 Likes

My wife and I just finished the one season of Teenage Bounty Hunters. Good writing and solid acting by main characters. The stereotypes may be grating but they throw you for a twist sometimes.

I really enjoyed Reacher but ShawWife would have found it too violent. We are enjoying a French detective show called Candice Renoir. Nice mind candy for when you don’t want to think too hard. [True of most of the police “procedurals” as someone called them.]

We enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 of Mrs. Maisel. Season 3 seems more contrived at the moment.

1 Like

I enjoyed Reacher and didn’t find it too violent but I liked Game of Thrones. After that, everything is tame ;). In fact, I liked it well enough to request the books from the library.

I just finished binging the new season of Upload and liked it better than I expected (thought it would go downhill) but it was a short season and ended abruptly. The characters are likeable.

3 Likes

I am enjoying Somebody Somewhere (HBO Max).

Bridgerton season 2 drops Friday, March 25 on Netflix

3 Likes

Season two of Top Boy just came out.

Putting in another +1 to Parisian Agency! Had to do a search to see if anyone here mentioned it.

D2 told me I had to watch it. If you like real estate, high end real estate, family dynamics and PARIS (I know you all do!) you should give this show a shot. It is in French so also a chance to practice your French - or use the subtitles. Started it last night and anxious for more. There are 2 seasons so far. Parents and their 4 sons. Oh and their cute grandma who lives next door!

3 Likes

I noticed season 1 of Ted Lasso is free today on Comcast.

Does anyone know when this ends? Wondering if we have some time, or if I am about to binge-watch 5 hrs of Ted Lasso!!!

Call the Midwife starts tonight.

6 Likes

And season 2 of Sanditon, if interested.

1 Like

I think it’s free until the 21st.

1 Like

Anyone watching Life and Beth? Watched it over the weekend and really enjoyed it.