Binge watched tv shows

My hub is watching Narcos - based on the Mexican drug wars of the 1980s-1990s. Pretty terrifying (but well-acted!).

2 Likes

Perhaps sadly, Iā€™m up to date with four of the top six Netflix shows. Bridgerton, Queen of the South, Better Call Saul and Elite. Watched season two of Bridgerton with my DW. The other three I watch on my own.

Iā€™m relieved that no one is watching The Ultimatum. :slight_smile:

After waiting for it to come to Netflix forever, weā€™re finally watching season 5 of Better Call Saul. It had been so long that I was pretty fuzzy on lots of the plot details.

1 Like

I just finished Sanditon Season 1, episode 1. PBS Masterpiece Theater, loosely based on an unfinished Jane Austen novel. I like it!!

6 Likes

The Landscapers is only 4 episodes. It is very Art House. It is based on a true story. I found entertaining.

2 Likes

Love love love Severance

2 Likes

I started and stopped watching the 1st episode of Bosch twice over a period of two years before it finally got under my skin. Then I couldnā€™t believe that it took me that long to realize what a good show it is. Just finished the last episode a couple of weeks ago, and am awaiting Bosch Legacy, a new spinoff series.
The main characters are all great( Bosch, Lance Reddick, Edgar), but IMO what really makes this show go is the supporting actors such as Billets, Crate and Barrel, the desk Sgt., among others. They provide some badly needed humour and humanity in a show that would otherwise be pretty grim.
Great show!

5 Likes

I kept trying to remember where I had seen Barrel before. He was on ER as one of the intake clerks!

3 Likes

Started watching Bosch (from this threads suggestion) with H. We are both liking it. 2 episodes so far.

2 Likes

Loving Abbott Elementary. Will miss black-ish.

7 Likes

I watched all of BCS when it aired (at least about the same time). My wife (who loved Breaking Bad) never really got into Saul. We started watching the last episode she could remember seeing which was sometime in Season 1. Still have 3 episodes left in Season 4 and Season 5 to go before we are caught up to Season 6 starting next Monday. Its amazing how much I do not remember from watching it the first time.

Hacks Season 2 starts 5/12. 2 episodes a week through 6/2.

I recently finished season 1 and really enjoyed it.

7 Likes

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Good reason to watch AMC on the 18th. A reward after wrapping up my taxes.

Didnā€™t Breaking Bad and Mad Men change AMCā€™s fortunes in a way like Yellowstone is helping Paramount + and Sopranos and Game of Thrones boosted HBO?

1 Like

My goodness, we finally are done with ā€œKilling Eveā€. LOL. I donā€™t think I could take much more. I feel the same about ā€œOzarkā€. Iā€™ll be glad to be rid of it.

2 Likes

H and I just finished Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix. We both enjoyed it. We are watching House of Gucci tonight.

2 Likes

I think someone may have mention Vigil, a British police detective drama, already. We just started the first episode. It was thrilling.
Martin Compston, aka Steve Arnott from Line of Duty, was in it.

The show is on Peacock. After the first free episode, it will cost us a bit to join it. It looks to be worth it.

2 Likes

We saw there will be a 2nd season - not sure on timing, but we really liked Vigil. Enjoy - well kinda :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Loved Rita. From watching it I learned

1)Exactly one word in Danish ā€œTakā€ meaning thanks. Oh and I guess that Danes say ā€œ hiā€ for hello and ā€œhi hiā€ for goodbye?

1. There is no Danish word for ā€œ pleaseā€ but the sentiment can be expressed in other ways like using ā€œTakā€. As in ā€œ Can you get me a cup, thanksā€

3)Danes donā€™t use surnames socially. Even children call their teachers by their first name.

1. Pushy parents are more universal than I realized.
6 Likes

I hope we watched the same show. The one I mentioned is Vigil, not Virgil.

2 Likes