Binge watched tv shows

They are just completed filming season three. I got all excited too when I read the post, but didn’t read it well enough.

1 Like

I just finished Conversations with Friends. I didn’t really know who Joe Alwyn was before watching this, other than TS’s boyfriend. I could stare at him all day lol! :kissing_heart:

My impression was that it was decent, but I felt Normal People was more compelling. I did watch the whole thing, so something captured my interest.

Enjoying Hacks, although waiting for new episodes can be a drag!

6 Likes

sorry, yes, “wrapped” = finished filming. With post production, expect something this Fall on BBC, perhaps late August for the Bank Holiday weekend?

2 Likes

Last night we started The Lincoln Lawyer. We liked it… decided to watch two episodes :wink:

5 Likes

Anyone watching Gaslit? I am pretty impressed with the dedication the set decorator brought to make everything scream “1970’s”! Even though I thought I knew the whole Watergate saga pretty well, I am learning some new stuff (if in fact the details are correct).

2 Likes

Well I’m hate watching Time Traveler’s Wife right now. I find the premise interesting but the wife insufferable!

1 Like

Tonight we finished The Lincoln Lawyer (Netflix, 10 episodes). My husband and I both liked it a lot. Lots of court case twists and turns, with drama and a bit of humor too.

7 Likes

I started The Beauty Queen of Jerusalem. It stars Michael Aloni of Shtisel and Hila Saada from Beauty and the Baker. I like it so far, but not as much as I loved Shtisel.

I finished it last night. I love Michael Connelly’s books. They’re imbued with a deep love for Los Angeles and jazz music. I thought that the Lincoln Lawyer Netflix series did a good job with the story and Connelly’s love of LA. There were so many scenes that were like love letters to the city. I was a little disappointed in the lack of Jazz. I expected to hear a little more of Art Pepper, a jazz musician often referenced in Connelly’s books and one of my favorite alto saxophonists.

The lead actor in the series was wonderful.

5 Likes

I believe the next season of Borgen is out on Thursday. Excited for that.

1 Like

@teleia - i interviewed a College Ph.D. last month in the criminal justice field. Asked if they liked to watch all the procedurals out there; they looked at me like i was crazy; said they have No time at all to watch TV. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: i felt a little un-industrious after hearing that. I love British Procedurals or really any detective shows in the evenings. I’ve been thinking about reading Connelly - who wrote Bosch and lincoln lawyer; rather than watching another series.

3 Likes

Did anyone watch Shining Girls on Apple TV? I was pretty confused throughout the entire series but that finale last night left me more confused than ever. I usually like time travel dramas but this one was crazy. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I think I’ve read all of his books and watched all of the series based on them. He’s one of my favorites.
I’m sure it’s been mentioned here before, but we really really liked Mare of Easttown. It’s kind of a cop drama, but not set in LA.

6 Likes

Agree on Lincoln Lawyer actor. Just started watching and it’s great. Also love that the actresses that play his ex’es are the same age or actually older than him. Quite refreshing.

3 Likes

Last two episodes of Hacks Season 2 (HBO Max) dropped yesterday. I limited mysef to one today. (Worked very late yesterday, worked until 4 today, and until 3 toorrow). However it ends, I will miss it!

3 Likes

I liked the season. The last episode felt like a series finale, but I hope it gets renewed; the cast is just brilliant.

3 Likes

Also tying in with my comment on Hacks: seeing Ugly Betty alums like Mark Indelicato on Hacks, Becki Newton and Christopher Gorham on the Lincoln Lawyer, Ana Ortiz on Love, Victor (the final season of which drops 6/15) was a shock to me to realize that UB went off the air 12 years ago!!! Wow, they got older. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Totally agree!

We liked this miniseries

1 Like