Binge watched tv shows

@lookingforward I did read about a 3rd season of Hinterland, but it is not on Netflix. Have you watched it and if so, on where?

Hmm, thought I started Hinterland 3. Maybe it was pbs.

I just found season 1 of MTV’s ‘Stranded with a Million Dollars’. Think Survivor meets Hunger Games meets Lord of the Flies
riveting TV for me, a survival/social experiment unscripted show junkie :-j

Amazon prime- “The Last Tycoon” based on f Scott Fitzgerald’s last book- about the movie industry 1920s-

^^^^ Yes, I enjoyed “The Last Tycoon”.

Watching Broadchurch’s “last series”. Am on episode 7. Slow to start but deeply engrossing and very good at presenting people’s reactions to rape.

am watching Broadchurch’s “last series” . slow start but very engrossing and comprehensive reactions to rape (+ I’m guessing modelling optimal police reaction).

Oh, yeah, Ray Donovan starts back tomorrow night. I’l may binge on the past season.

I am loving Atypical on Netflix!

I just started watching “Friends From College” with my daughters. It’s very good. Netflix.

I watched the Leah Remini documentary on Scientology on A&E. The next season starts on Tues. I liked it. Sort of obsessed with the fingernails on all the women, and also wondering how all these people who spent many years in Scientology, came out with no money, now have huge homes.

@amom2girls
Check Netflix for season 3 of Hinterland

I finally watched the first season of Ozark
definitely held our interest. I kind of felt bad that I went ahead of my H and binged on the last three episodes without him ;))

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but I love Last Chance U. We are in Season 2 now, and I like it even better than Season 1. Each season follows a season of football at a junior college in rural Mississippi that takes those kids who get kicked out of D1 programs for screw-ups, or who didn’t make the grades out of high school, and tries to rehab them academically and otherwise so that they can transfer out after a year or two. Season 2 looks more at the kids’ back stories, some of which are really compelling. I like college football, and I am from the rural South, so a lot of it resonates with me–I know people like the flawed head coach and the local fans and the players, and I love that they are portrayed realistically and respectfully.

I love Last Chance U. I especially liked that after the first year, the coach received a lot of complaints about his language, so vowed to change. (Hint, it doesn’t last long but he is better).

It is certainly not the college experience most of us want our kids to have, but over and over the players say that without football, they wouldn’t be in college at all.

We just watched (Netflix) Ozark. Oohhhh, a little dark and edgy. We loved it. It’s been renewed for a second season. Really liked Jason Bateman in this.

I can’t remember what I’ve posted on this thread, but yesterday I finished bingeing through the last 2 seasons of Grantchester.

Does anyone know if there will be more? I do hope so!

@Consolation, Season 3 may be it for Grantchester. If I remember correctly from the Downton Abbey departures at the end of season 3 for that show, the contracts for actors in the UK are only 3 seasons as opposed to the US standard of 7 seasons, so that’s why we sometimes only get 3 seasons of a show or a particular character on a UK show. Grantchester has become a favorite, so like you I would like more and I would like a happier outcome for Sidney.

Anyone watch The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu? A friend recommended it and I wanted to get more feedback before trying it.

@CALSmom We just binged it a few weeks ago. Very interesting but intense/unsettling due to subject matter (dystopian so no surprise there), graphic violence, graphic sexual content. Despite that, it did pull us in. I guess it depends on your stomach for that kind of stuff. I hadn’t read the book so not sure of how true it stays to the book’s storyline and details.