Binge watched tv shows

Yes! I can’t wait! H liked season 1 but has lost interest so I may be watching it myself.

Yup! Looking forward to it.

I look forward to it. :slight_smile:

Binged The Lava Field (Iceland.) Good, not great. Loose ends. But it did the trick of keeping me awake to take D to the airport at 4am.

But now I need a withdrawal from crime. I’ll finish Borgen and HoC, then need more cheerier.

Definitely ready for Even Stranger Things! I watched the first season for the third time over the past few weeks, this time with my spouse. It took her a while, but she definitely got engaged with it, and even started recommending it to others.

Gaten Matarazzo is in a series of Verizon commercials that air heavily, and it’s clear he’s grown up a lot since the first season was filmed. I assume that’s true of the others as well. It will be interesting to see what they look like.

Everyone was so ga-ga over the kids in the first season, I don’t think Winona Rider got enough attention for how great her work was.

On the other hand, I am looking forward to not seeing Matthew Modine. I hope no one decided that he really survived the monster attack.

@lookingforward I enjoyed Lava Field but agree with the loose ends. I loved the scenery! I’m immersed in European crime noir;)

Yes to Euro noir. I just think now I’m overdosing, need balance.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/arts/television/review-like-nordic-noir-trapped-is-chilly-and-pulls-you-in.html

I liked Salamander (Belgium) a lot. There seems to be a season 2 in the works, maybe for 2018.

^ fyi, Trapped is also available on Amazon Prime, in addition to Viceland.

^I don’t think it is @MYOS1634

oh, Salamander and Trapped added to my short list!

Is anyone watching Law & Order: True Crime about the Menendez killings? I’ve been recording it and have caught up on the first six episodes in the past few days. I certainly remember the case but didn’t know a lot of the details. I’m not sure how accurately things are being portrayed, but if it’s even a semi-accurate portrayal, wow, what a horrible family life those two kids had. The young man who plays Erik is an excellent actor, and I’m enjoying Edie Falco as Leslie Abramson. Several other talented actors in the series, too - Josh Charles, Sam Jaeger, Julianne Nicholson, Anthony Edwards, Lolita Davidovich.

I also watched the Griffin Dunne documentary about Joan Didion - The Center Will Not Hold. It was excellent. A look at her life and focused around the progression of her writings. This interesting, if a bit strange, woman has had a life filled with a combination of wonderful success and relationships, as well as terrible tragedies. It’s on Netflix.

I watched Stranger Things 2 last week. It was excellent.
Yesterday I watched Mindhunter. It took few episodes for me to get into it, but finished very strong.

I watched Charlie Rose’s interview with Griffin Dunne off my DVR yesterday and I thought I wanted to add the Joan Didion doc to my “to watch” list. Glad to get a good review @alwaysamom.

@alwaysamom - me too! I got caught up this week. It’s very good.

I thought I remembered the case when it was happening but i didn’t remember a lot of it this way.

I stumbled upon Joan Didion the other way. It was excellent, the poems were beautiful.

I loved the end of Stranger Things Season 2.

Billions was so good! I’m sorry there are only two seasons so far.

I am up for more recommendations. Anything else?

Guess I’ll finish House of Cards, in case Netflix pulls what’s already out. But not that interesting.

I feel sorry for Robin Wright in the House of Cards cancellation.

Peaky Blinders is really good and has a new season (4) coming out soon.