Binge watched tv shows

I just finished all three series of Broad Church. Love that show!

A new season (only 6 episodes) of Peaky Blinders just arrived on Netflix.

@apraxiamom Will there not be a season 3 of The Crown? I absolutely loved season 2. it was better than season one.

Prince Phillip doesn’t come out ell in Season 2 of The Crown.

Yes there will be, @BingeWatcher

Better than the Prime Ministers do, @Iglooo! :smiley:

Yes, but they are gone. What bozos they were!

I was sad to know we won’t see Clare Foy and Matt Smith in the Crown next time around, until I found out the lead actress in Broad Church will be the next Queen. She is a fabulous actress, and I’m sure will be wonderful in her new role. Unfortunately, we have to wait a couple years to find out.

“ Will there not be a season 3 of The Crown? I absolutely loved season 2. it was better than season one.”

I read somewhere they are planning on at least 6 seasons.

I thought Season 2 was great.

Already watched the new season of Peaky Blinders. Phew. Of course I already can’t wait for the next season.

As the time covered on the Crown advances, they are replacing the actors with more age appropriate ones. They didnt want them playing 25 year olds and 80 year olds.

Last night, I found a British satire show on Netflix: “the Windsors.” It’s very funny and meta.
The Harry character: “Dad and Camilla don’t approve of Meghan! I’m going to have to advocate and give up my place in the succession, like Edward Vee One One One did!”
The William character: “how do you know about THAT?”
The Harry character: “Oh, I’ve been watching the Crown on Netflix!”

Just finished Broadchurch season 3- and kept thinking about the show’s influence in the #me too movement.

Here is an article mentioning Broadchurch’s powerful message in season 3
http://uksaysnomore.org/2017landmarkyearagainstviolence/

Also, watched “The Marvelous Mrs Maisel” - loved this one lots, thanks to those who raved about it upthread

I really liked the backstory info on Prince Phillip. Made him more well-rounded.

He has a tough job. I thought he came off juvenile in the show.

Really enjoying “Mindhunter” on Netflix. Took about 3 episodes to get hooked and fully understand/appreciate the characters and historical perspective. Some gratuitous sex scenes that are a bit distracting, but otherwise first rate acting.

So-so rating for “Dark” (also Netflix). We kept tuning in and sometimes watched two episodes per night but the plot just became too ridiculous with many loose ends. Definitely watch it in the original German with subtitles, the English dubbing is appallingly bad.

For those who enjoyed first 3 seasons of Last Tango in Halifax, the 2 part holiday special that seems to be all we get for a season 4, is streaming on PBS app for the next 3 weeks.

Just binged on a good French mystery thriller – La Mante – the Mantis, in English – on Netflix. 6 episodes, and the series does tie up – you don’t have to wait for the resolution.

But I feel compelled to add a disclaimer: I watched it while sick, and feverish, so take this recommendation for what it’s worth :wink:

I did Alias Grace while sick last week. Not bad. Was a little out of it for the last episode, may need to rewatch.

@katliamom I liked La Mante, too. I wasn’t sick when I watched it. It keeps you guessing until the end.