Binghamton Advantage Program

So I was recently accepted into the Binghamton Advantage Program after being deferred in January. I am quite happy wit h this acceptance considering I thought they would flat out reject me. Anyways, any BAP students/almuni care to share their experience in the program?

I’m a current BAP student. What would you like to know?

Hi. My son was accepted into BAP. Do you find any disconnect taking your classes at SUNY Broome but living on Binghamton’s Campus? How is the commute? How is surrounding area when off Campus?
Thank you.

I’m going into the BAP program and I’m trying to pick from the break housing we’re allowed and out of Newing, CIW, and Mountainview, I think my first choice is Mountainview. As I was going through the housing app there’s a section to join Learning Communities if you wanna and first, what is an LC? If you want to be in one does it have to relate to your major? (Because I’m undeclared at this point.) Or is it more just a way to group people based on similar interests in your housing? And is SALC a good LC? (Also, in general, is Mountainview the best of the break housing available to BAP students? Because that’s what I’ve heard?)

(PS: And do you have to take a gym class in Broome? Or did my BAP tour guide not know what they’re talking about?)