Question

Hi i have recently been accepted into to the BAP program and i was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the program, and i have also seen on another thread that this program has to do with the spring acceptance, and if anyone had any opinions on whether i should go to SUNY Plattsburgh or Binghamton ?

Hey I was a student as Binghamton through the BAP program and so did both my brothers, so I guess you can say I’m biased. Yes this program/option is for students that were waitlisted for the fall, but accepted into the spring, and is usually mailed to you after a few day after being accepted into the spring, but I’ve also heard of people just getting accepted this program. So basically the program lets you take classes at SUNY Broome, but do every else at Binghamton. For example you room/live on the bing campus, but you can also participate in all the services that a full bing student would which is great for people who are looking for a small school or are transitioning from a small school. Honestly this program has many advantages (I guess thats why they call it the advantage program haha), which helps you better succeed in Binghamton class after the one year. One of the things that people don’t realize is that a great deal of the Binghamton professors work part-time at Broome. I personally think this is the best part of the program, because not only does this give the BAP students more office hours to chose from (they can go to them at both campuses), most of the professors from Binghamton teach most of the intro classes at Broome, but teach the higher level of those classes at Binghamton. Which is a huge advantage especially for the students that are thinking of the science/nursing track because you get to build relationships with the professors as a freshman due to the small class sizes, that Binghamton students do get to do until they are in their junior or senior year. Honestly though your success at this school is mostly based on what you put in to it. Another pro of this program is that if you do this program and qualify, they will give you a ton of finale aid, which is actually why I stayed for two years instead of two. As for the social aspect, its cool because you make friends at both campuses. But the cons of this program is that the food at Broome is really not the best but bings definite makes up for it, another thing is that the commute can be pretty annoying but as a BAP student your allowed bring your car. Something that stinks is that you’ll have study groups/project partners at both campuses you’ll have to make time for both of them and figure out a place to hangout with them at two different campuses , which you might not have and gets really annoying especially during finals. As for Plattsburgh I don’t know a lot about it, but have heard great things. But as I said earlier i’m biased so BING all the way.

this program is only for students that have been waitlisted or have been accepted for the spring, and this program initials a student take classes Broome community college but live and do everything else at Binghamton, and after 1 to 2 years your automatically enrolled in Binghamton classes