Binghamton University Class of 2021 Decisions

I think if Bing resorts to only accepting applicants with the highest stats, they will be disappointed with their yield. That is, if they even care about their yield

@STEM2017 did your son receive a decision?

@STEM2017
I got accepted to SOM on 12/21/2016 with an ACT score of 27 (STEM 30, ELA 24). Although it’s not high, maybe Binghamton was intrigued with my essay and/or extracurricular.

@euve69
Maybe the people with high stats didn’t show their personality in their application

It is very easy to judge a college admissions office when you only have the benefit of a small fraction of a given application (test score), can’t see the entire applicant pool and are frustrated that students with high test scores are not being admitted immediately. So, you say the school fancies itself as Cornell and should be ashamed!

I, on the other hand, see a public school that is an incredible bargain being inundated with applications from really stellar students, which is forcing applicants from the EA to RD pool. Nothing more confusing or insidious.

No answer yet.

My D got accepted to Binghamton Watson on 12/15/2016…she applied EA. Haven’t decided though whether to pick Watson or Stony Brook for computer science… Good Luck to all!!!

@easymoney123 with a 31 ACT you still have a pretty good shot at being admitted during regular admission

Did anybody receive an email after being deferred? My sister was deffered as well and got an email saying that they’re still interested in her application but it wasn’t the email with her decision. Anybody else???

This is what was sent 2 days after her being deffered.

Dear __,

We understand that you may have questions after receiving your Early Action deferral decision. Be assured that we remain interested in your application to Binghamton University and that you have not been denied admission. Your application will be reviewed as part of the Regular Decision application pool.

The Admissions Committee is tasked with a difficult selection process this year due to the volume of applications we have received and the pool of excellent students. Our primary objective is to select students who will be successful at our institution, and this process takes time. We will release decisions on a rolling basis and all applicants will be notified no later than April 1, 2017.

We do not require any additional materials from you or your counselor at this time.

We encourage you to continue to keep Binghamton at the top of your list, and we thank you for your patience.

Accepted to Watson today, got the email around 6:15! 2180 on old SAT and 90.4 GPA

Deferred from Watson, got the email a bit after 6pm EST.

Deferred from waston
GPA:96.34 6 ap class
New sat : 1210
I feel my low SAT is the reason I got deferred.
Can they moved me into the HEOP applicant ???

got deferred from harpur on friday, 1290 sat and 87.64 GPA. take 5 AP’s. of which are AP calc, physics, CS, psych, and euro

Alot of people in my school got deferred from Harpur and SOM this past week with 91+ GPAs, 32+ ACTs and 2100+ SATs. I’m starting to think that Bing is just deferring applicants because they won’t be able to review every application in time before the 15th. Could just be me. If you were deferred with decent numbers I wouldn’t sweat it because my cousin got deferred last year with 93.4 GPA and 33 ACT but eventually made it into SOM towards middle March.

Did anyone else receive an email for Bing regarding scholarships; Does this mean anything in regards to my decision? (I have not received one yet):

Binghamton University rewards academic excellence and also recognizes the importance of making a college education affordable for students with financial need.

You’ve already taken the first step to be considered: You’ve applied! Remember, only 100 percent-completed applications will be considered, so check the status of your application to see whether you must submit additional items.

In addition to rewarding academic achievement, Binghamton recognizes the financial challenges families face. Submit the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for federal aid. The FAFSA is available as of October 2016. To have the best shot at all financial aid funding available, submit your FAFSA no later than Jan.‌ 1,‌ 2017.

Has anyone else not gotten a decision yet?

@adwit221

I haven’t either (OOS from California)

Received my decision today at 2:15 PST

Decision: Deferred (Watson for Computer Science)

ACT: 31© - 30(E), 31(M), 34®, 28(S), 36(W)
GPA: 3.51 (W)

Lots of AP/Dual Enrollment, decent extracurriculars, recommendation from my Engineering and Computer Science teacher.

Watson and SOM are difficult to get in.

Some of you deferred people will still get in. Of you kicked but first semester send in updated transcript.