Binghamton University Class of 2021 Decisions

@decemberbaby12 i think it’s all going down tonight. Probably at 7 pm est

Happened to me also !

@Alys525 you got admitted for spring?

S waitlisted. Wasn’t meant to be.

Wish he were rejected back in January. The waiting was awful.

Good luck to everyone!

Well… I’ve been put on the waitlist for fall 2017, and admitted for fall 2018. I’m pretty disappointed ( in myself not the school ). I guess it’s time to pay my deposit for Albany. If I don’t end up really liking it there, i’ll come to Binghamton next year. Hope it works out for the rest of guys who are still waiting. This will most likely be the last time any of you hear from me on any Binghamton related thread. Goodbye.

DAMIT Bing Advantage Program CRUSHED

Waitlisted for Watson school

@Doberlady Yes. Wonder what that means.

rejected with a “Binghamton advantage program” bullshlt. whatever they make me wait a few months, defer me, wait another 3 months, and then give me this. already committed to another school anyway, its still dumb though

Ithaca or Geneseo for my son the advantage program is bullshit. Like my son is going to attend community college just to get in to Bing is Redic

Good luck everyone!

Geneseo is a great school as well. Your son can always transfer to Bing from there, if it is not a good fit.

@Rich44 Yes, my daughter had gotten in to Bing and Geneseo and she is at Geneseo and loves it. She is a Jr

My son also got into American but we are not going into debt for that. And Penn State, Rutgers etc gave no money etc. Ithaca College gave a boatload $.

And while not on par with Bing/Geneseo we saw and really liked oneonta. Looking for the best fit, not the best name.

My undergrad degree is in Biology from SUNY Oneonta. My wife graduated from there as well. Beautiful campus, great teachers, we both have life long friends from Oneonta. We have a kid at Binghamton SOM and another going to Harpur for Biology next year. SUNY system is a great value.

My son got into Spring 18 at Bing and waitlisted for Fall 2017, my gut feeling is, when many students who decided not to go to Bing won’t send in their deposits by 5/1, space will free up and they will take kids off the waiting list. I am pretty sure this is the case because most of the kids are probably like my son-he has not said no to any schools yet, in a meanwhile, students are probably waiting for these schools to get off the list, so it’s like a vicious circle. We would just have to wait till the first week of May when the dust settles. The worst case scenario, he goes to our local community college that is part of SUNY and transfers the credits over in the Spring. There was actually an article in the most recent US News college report about this practice, seems like more and more colleges are offering guaranteed spring spots for kids whom they like to take in.

My daughter also

Sorry about that my d also got accepted for spring 18. Will you be sending in your deposit?

Yes, this is my son’s first choice so we will be sending the deposit. We are really happy, I honestly did not think he would get in. Although, his credentials are within the range, they are towards the low end of the range. I am so glad that they are taking a holistic approach and took into account his amazing essay, heavy volunteer experience and recommendations.

Same here. My d at lower end of range but goes above and beyond at everything else. Unfortunately she can’t go to CC as she wants to go onto med school and they will not accept CC credits. So she need to make some decisions. Congrats and best of luck to your s.

I got into Bing but they want me to do this joint program. Definitely not going. Lol.

the Bing Advantage Program? if so, that isn’t an acceptance to Bing