Binghamton University Class of 2021 Decisions

@Doberlady From the Admissions Website: “If you earn 30 credits your first year at Broome with a minimum of 18 credits in the core academic curriculum (Gen Eds) and an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher you are guaranteed transfer to Binghamton after one year”

Seems a bit bittersweet. I mean it’s not a total rejection, but cmon. Binghamton isn’t Cornell here.

What does that mean? That Binghamton isn’t Cornell?

Binghamton has X number of spots per school. I can assure you that there are 2-3 times as many qualified students who would do quite well than there are spots. But when the number of applicants increases due to private schools approaching $70k, Binghamton has to be creative. BAP. Waitlist. Spring admission. None may be right for you, but offering these options doesn’t mean Binghamton thinks it is something it ain’t.

33,000 applicants last year. Anyone want to bet against that number going to 34-35 this year?

Getting the community college deal is not “being accepted” to Binghampton. If it makes people feel better to think so that’s ok. The reality is that you’ve been accepted to community college and get to pay 15k to rent a room at Bing. They are saying you’ve missed the mark

Why do you think that community college credits won’t be accepted at medical schools? I have not found any credible source that states it, although, it is true that some medical schools will look down upon an applicant who had taken all of their prereqs at community college. I don’t think there is any harm in taking entry-level science and math prereqs for just one semester at comm college and then start at Bing in Spring 18 should the student not get off the waiting list for Fall 2017. Plus, they can always take general subjects that they must take anyway such as English, foreign language, social studies, at comm college and leave the hard sciences till Bing.

Waitlisted with 31 ACT and 96 GPA?? I don’t understand

@bbartow14 curious which school did you apply to? SOM or Watson would not be unusual to be waitlisted at with those stats. Did you take several APs and a rigorous curriculum with mostly honors? If you applied to Harper then my guess is that maybe you applied late?

Waitlisted with guaranteed admission for spring 2018

fbesugbsugvbsueighnse

@GMKoon Congrats!!!

@Doberlady Thanks! For a second I thought Spring 2018 meant I start three semesters late, but that would be Spring 2019.

@GMKoon good luck!! Very exciting and you might get still get to start in the fall!!

hey guys, are there any groupme chats for accepted students?

@savannarose6 There is a groupme chat. Would you like me to add you? There’s a Bing '21 chat and a Binghamton Girls chat I’m in!

@starliffy that would be great! thanks so much!

What a great post, you could not be more on point!

Does anyone know when waitlisted applicants will know if they have been accepted?

Same, trying to find out if anyone knows when waitlisted applicants will be notified of the decision

I agree…I think it’s a great school but it’s not Harvard. Just let everyone know…too much drama

@starliffy could you add me to both group chats that you mentioned?

To anyone who wants to be added: message me your phone number and name so I can add you. Thanks. Also @Mqy201

In addition, I am in a group chat for those who will be attending the April 23rd accepted students day if anyone’s interested.