Binghamton University School of Management Transfer

I am currently a student at Corning Community College. I will be completing my associates in business during the fall semester of 2015. Afterwards, I would like to transfer to Binghamton University’s School of Management. I was wondering if there are any students who have been in a similar situation as me at Binghamton’s SOM that were accepted or denied and if so, what was your GPA? I currently have approximately a 3.0 which I know is short of the school’s encouraged grade but I would still like to know what my chances are.

Thanks!

Did you get accepted?

I’m a transfer applicant as well and did not receive a response yet @scastor97

I am sorry to say, but you probably won’t get in. I was a transfer student from Hudson Valley Community College, had a 3.75 GPA (taking a total of six classes each semester), and I am in Phi Theta Kappa. Honestly though, do not feel bad about it. They have an extremely low acceptance rate and you can still get a great education at a different school. Fortunately, SUNY has many colleges that offer good business programs.

Oh, and I did NOT get in.

When did you receive a response because I still haven’t received a response @UAUKNOW

I just found out I got in @scastor97

@kingwillis_23 Congrats! When did you apply? I’m a transfer applicant still waiting to hear back.

hello, I have also applied to the SOM and I am awaiting a response. I applied in mid january. Do you mind sharing your stats @kingwillis_23 ?

@kingwillis_23 congrats! just to be clear: my original message was for the OP, who i realized posted this thread a year ago (oops lol). however, you must have really good stats! what program in the SOM? i’m at UAlbany now in the school of business.

I applied in mid January and they just responded yesterday @cjohns53

Does anyone know if they release all decisions at once? Or is it in waves based on when you applied? Also, to those of you who have been accepted, mind sharing some stats?

@transferSUNY11 it’s SUPPOSED to be based on when you applied. However, I applied early January and still have not recieved anything. I called yesterday and was told that admissions has been reviewing them out of order lately. So you could honestly hear back whenever.

Interesting. I applied at the end of February. Hopefully I’ll hear something soon.