Biology: UC Merced or UC Santa Cruz

<p>I’m down to these two choices. Which one has a better biology program? And if I wanted to be a registered nurse while pursuing a degree in biology, throughout my tenure at one of these schools I could just take the prerequisite classes for graduate nursing schools right?</p>

<p>Call Santa Cruz and ask that. I tend to prefer Santa Cruz because it is better established than Merced and has a more established reputation. But you would want to be sure you could take the courses you want.</p>

<p>Santa cruz for biology, specifically human biology. However, it is one of the hardest programs and I’ve seen many getting kicked out of the biology major.</p>

<p>Like the others, I would go with UC Santa Cruz. Best to make a visit to each campus and experience it in person</p>

<p>UCSC! For the human bio major (if you’d consider that major sometime down the road), you’re required to have an internship too</p>

<p>The biological sciences programs at UCM are top notch! One of their programs allows (requires) you to take classes at Berkeley, so that’s pretty cool! Also, the campus is REALLY pretty :)</p>