Biomedical Engineering... Prerequisite Major?

<p>From what I understand, the biomedical engineering program at VT is for graduates only, and Master's and Ph.D degrees are offered. I don't know if I'll stick with Tech for graduate school, but I do know that I want to be a biomedical engineer. What confuses me is that Virginia Tech's website for Biomedical Engineering claims that you only must have an engineering degree to qualify for this major in graduate school. Is this true that any bachelor's in engineering will do? So I can do aerospace and then go to biomedical? Or do they want at least mechanical or even a physiology minor, something that relates to the biomedical engineering field? Thanks for any advice.</p>

<p>As far as I understand yes. If you go on the website there is a section that advises undergrad students whatundergrad classes both in and outside of their major they should take in order to get a background.</p>

<p>Depending on your undergraduate major you might have to take more or fewer undergrad classes at the beginning of grad school to ‘catch up,’ and obviously certain ones lend themselves better to biomed than others. MSE and ChemE are both pretty popular for people that want to do biomed.</p>