Black Class of 2013 hs Thread

<p>I think PWIs are just for the name so I’m not trying to kill myself studying for that.I’m not going to a HBCU either.</p>

<p>Hopefully the school I go to doesn’t have a lot of rude,ignorant, prejudice people</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-M910 using CC</p>

<p>My sister got a little down on herself when she realized I didn’t even know what any of the HBCUs were named. Honestly I never saw myself going to any of them at all but kudos to the people that get in and make something of themselves.</p>

<p>Yeah @Graphene, I only knew they existed when I was invited to come on the tour. The only reason I knew about Howard University was because Drake used it in one of his rap songs, that’s just sad.</p>

<p>I’m majoring in biochemistry too! What made you want to choose this major?</p>

<p>Stanford,</p>

<p>Well it wasn’t my kind of scene. I have no problem with the gay scene there, but like…basically almost every guy I met on campus was gay…that scared me for my future love life…Like gay people are fun friends but dammit I want someone to date to. And also, I just didn’t think the nightlife scene was all that great. But what I heard about blacks at Stanford was great. They all stick together and you feel that sense of community even if you don’t hang out with blacks its that “I got your back” type thing. Everyone is really unique there tho.</p>

<p>UCLA,
has an ounce of diversity. But you probably think it is really diverse because of the huge population. There are only about 1000 blacks there, compared to 4000 hispanics and 10,000 asians. I guess I don’t mean diverse, but not a huge black presence. However, you still see them and know they are there, but most black students there are athletes, and I just think thats a shame.</p>

<p>So stressed out ):</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC</p>

<p>OMG!! Its almost that time for us you guys! 110 days until the 2012-2013 common app comes out!! Thoughts? Final Lists? Any new visits? I’m nervous but so readyyyy!!</p>

<p>Me too!</p>

<p>Final List:</p>

<p>Princeton (SCEA)
Stanford
Rice
Columbia
UPenn
Delaware honors
UVa
Northwestern
MIT</p>

<p>Maybe Harvard :P</p>

<p>I really need to get my SAT scores up</p>

<p>Wow ! Intense schools man ! I hope you get in!!</p>

<p>The same with me though, my test scores are not CC approved.-_-lol</p>

<p>But I’m working on it. I have until June</p>

<p>what are you guys planning on doing this summer?</p>

<p>I’m planning on taking two online cc classes to boost my gpa…</p>

<p>i hope to get into one of the QuestBridge summer programs. they told me that they would let me know by mid-May. If I don’t get this, then I will either take a Chemistry class at a local college or volunteer at a local hospital. God, I hope I can leave for the summer! DX</p>

<p>I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but I’m ready to sleep for a couple of days (or weeks) straight. So worn out.</p>

<p>I think I might go to a CC first then transfer to a 4yr…based on how I messed up this year I’ll be taking summer school for the first time!..well I never really did anything over the summer but I was planning to learn how to swim.</p>

<p>^I was thinking about that but transfering is so hard.</p>

<p>Ya well I guess that would suck if you got accepted after high school but went to community college to save $ then applied again then didn’t get in.</p>

<p>I’m new on here, but the colleges that I’m interested in are:</p>

<ul>
<li>U. of Alabama</li>
<li>U. of Georgia</li>
<li>U. of Tennessee (Knoxville)</li>
<li>U. of N. Carolina @ Greensboro</li>
<li>NC A&T</li>
<li>Howard University</li>
</ul>

<p>and that’s about it… for now :)</p>

<p>Parents both went to Howard but I am not interested. I might look into Morgan state. My top interest are UPenn Brown George Washington</p>

<p>What AP exams are you guys taking?</p>

<p>Tomorrow calculus!!!</p>