Black Class of 2013 hs Thread

<p>thanks for the advice! i might apply to a few more UCs but other than that im not worried about paying/getting into the UCs (most kids from my school do), and I agree with the price calculation thing, ive seen alot of kids who have to turn down dream schools because of cost</p>

<p>Final list:
Harvard
UPenn (ED)
Duke
UNC
UVA
Northwestern
Cornell
Princeton</p>

<p>SENIORSSS!!
lol</p>

<p>Oh and if your applying to Georgetown…the App is upp!</p>

<p>^ I wish all the rest of the apps were up.</p>

<p>Zombie I feel you…I already know which college I want to go to…I just want to perfect what I’m going to show them!</p>

<p>Ayeeee class of 2013 </p>

<p>My College list is

1. Howard University***
  2. Hampton University
  3. Clark Atlanta University
  4. Morgan State University
  5. North Carolina A&T </p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T959V using CC</p>

<p>@HowardBound , I also have Hbcus on my list. Mine is</p>

<p>famu , Howard & nccu </p>

<p>Other schools: wcu , Winthrop , ecu & elon</p>

<p>@ilovemyego23 I know! I want to work on it over the summer before I have to get into all that school work…</p>

<p>CLASS OF 2013</p>

<p>My choices are either Howard*** or Morehouse. maybe Clark Atlanta.</p>

<p>but i really wanna go to Howard. anybody else really interested in Howard? message me.</p>

<p>Hey guys :slight_smile:
I’m so glad I found this thread… I am so sick of some other people on this site and their condescending tones.
I have a list, too! lol:
Johns Hopkins U.
Carnegie Mellon U.
University of Pennsylvania
Howard U.
University of Maryland (main campus)
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
George Washington U.
Pennsylvania State U.</p>

<p>Greetings, everyone!
First, it’s amazing to see AAs reaching so high. :smiley: Also, while I’m technically not in the graduating class of 2013, I’ve taken a gap year (class of 2012), therefore I’ll be applying with you all. C:</p>

<p>Schools:
harvard (dream jsdialwjildjwilasa words do not suffice)
cornell
dartmouth
washington university in st. louis
emory
upenn
columbia
stanford
duke
notre dame
johns hopkins
university of chicago
nyu
williams college</p>

<p>alexissss-- if you don’t mind answering, why did you apply to schools this round?</p>

<p>ilovemyego–i haven’t forgotten about your PM, School is just now winding down.</p>

<p>Hi</p>

<p>I hope you guys don’t mind me posting my questions here… I am a parent of a daughter/2014.</p>

<p>You guys deserve KUDOS for working so hard!!! I can’t wait to see where you guys get in next spring…</p>

<p>The common app preview was posted last week on another thread… </p>

<p><a href=“https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/Docs/DownloadForms/2012/2012-13FY-FinalHighlightedPreview.pdf[/url]”>https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/Docs/DownloadForms/2012/2012-13FY-FinalHighlightedPreview.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I thought you guys would like to see it… but knowing this group, you probably already saw it last year!!! </p>

<p>I have a quick question, will you guys be using an excel spread sheet to keep track of your apps? I came across something called apply mate(its a website where you can enter all of your schools/deadlines etc to keep track)<br>
Does anyone know of any other websites that are like this?</p>

<p>NewHavenCTMom</p>

<p>I used an excel sheet at first, but I didnt really use it. I typed a document in Word in which I listed the months through April and then under each month I put the deadlines corresponding with that month. I didn’t really use this either. </p>

<p>Honestly, I just got everything done early in October which I HIGHLY recommend so I didn’t really need a deadline sheet. I’d recommend the Word document over Excel, but thats just me</p>

<p>Thank you so much! I appreciate your reply…</p>

<p>Did any of you attend any diversity weekends that the schools offer?? Or will you attend??(for those of you who are rising seniors) </p>

<p>I am curious to see what you guys are planning… as you are all very motivated/astute and headed for great things… it is so tough b/c the kids at dd14’s school only go to the community colleges or instate(and never consider going too far away from home)… I will have to admit that there are a few that get into the Ivy Leagues… but that is few and far between</p>

<p>Hi, my DD has applied to several of the diversity fly-in visits. We will not find out until late August on if she is accepted. This should be a fun year. </p>

<p>Plan is for her to finish a solid rough draft of her essay. In early august, she will start applications. After the first few weeks of school, she will request teacher recommendations so that majority of applications are complete by mid-sept. She might have to take subject tests for a few schools if she still keeps them on her list.</p>

<p>how to you request diversity fly-in visits? and which schools did she do this for?</p>

<p>I know that someone here on CC (I think entomom if my memory serves me correctly) posted a Diversity Fly-in list last summer! Which was great…there was a pretty long list of colleges(mostly SLAC’s)… </p>

<p>I believe UPITT does one as well… but they don’t advertise it too widely… if you are interested in that school, you should email the admissions office. Their date was last August which is nice. As it didn’t interfere with the school year.</p>

<p>My only issue is that there are so many diversity weekends to attend and it seems like most have conflicting dates… it will be tough to decide which one to attend.</p>

<p>To answer your Q, the majority have applications that you will have to fill out, along with essays and an LOR or 2 that they will require…</p>

<p>Do a search here on CC for “diversity fly in weekends” and I am sure you will find the list.</p>

<p>I’m applying to Howard! As well as
Spelman
NYU
Clark Atlanta
Columbia</p>

<p>That’s all I have right now. I really should start researching more since senior year is fast approaching.</p>

<p>Hello! I’m new to CC and BOY am I happy to find this thread!! I’ll be applying to</p>

<p>Northwestern (ED)
UNC @ Chapel Hill
Syracuse
Michigan @ Ann Arbor
Ohio U</p>

<p>I’ve already started brainstorming on my essays from the anxiety!! >_<</p>