Black male college acceptance rates

<p>I've heard say that the low numbers of black males within applicant pools(or attending college at all) is a boon to those black males that ARE applying. So what are the implications for those on CC? That is, do the stats we've got give us better shots? How much can it help?</p>

<p>almost all of the posters on here are males. take what you want from it.</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/638464-actual-results-thread-african-americans.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/638464-actual-results-thread-african-americans.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>This is an issue that really does not matter. I would say your chances are binary, either you will get in or you won't and it doesn't matter about anything in between or how others faired in admission because each applicant is different. So good luck!</p>

<p>education is truely powerful....reguardless of race or color and gender...so interesting how people...take color or sex ...and mix things up...about black males in college..when the truth is ,many black males are never introduce to college and many h.s even now dont tell hs school blacks male s..about college or little less..that they can attend...reguardless of grades act or sat...because of programs like eop......when this is introduce to black male while in the10th grade or so ,then and only then can we question ,why blackmale are so absent from the college atomosphere.......feelin good today.</p>

<p>I am a black male hoping to get into Ivy League. I hope there is a boost...:/</p>

<p>So what can we do to get that knowledge and information to young black males? How DO we get more young men into schools that will be an environment for them to succeed? As a parent, I have one son graduated from a top LAC and in medical school and another son about to graduate from HS with 9 college acceptances so far. We parents that have been through the process have a great deal of knowledge (trial by fire), how do we use this to connect with kids who we can help navigate college applications? It is frustrating to me because there are incredible opportunities out there and somehow the young black men are not connecting with them.</p>

<p>I feel like it would be helpful if we made an active effort as the african american community to foster academic excellence. That is, we wouldn't NEED AA or other programs which cause such controversy if we could instill change from the bottom up. That's just my two cents.</p>

<p>"We parents that have been through the process have a great deal of knowledge (trial by fire), how do we use this to connect with kids who we can help navigate college applications?"</p>

<p>HeartArt, many communities have Black churches , sororities and fraternities who have these things as their major platforms. Let me know if you want some specifics.</p>