block essay

<p>any admitted students have advice on writing the block essay for Colorado College?</p>

<p>I spoke with an admissions counselor this past weekend and it seemed as though there are no guidelines to follow other than be creative and be revealing of who you are as a person. The example of a great essay he gave me was a student who wrote about traveling the globe, visiting the graves of the greatest poets in history, raising them from the dead and discussing their poetry.</p>

<p>There are examples on the website.</p>

<p>My son did not follow these, but rather chose to do a serious outline for both class and fieldwork.</p>

<p>I think the main thing is that CC wants to be sure that you really do understand the Block Plan and that it works for you. Also, the essay is one more way for them to get to know you. Just pick a topic that would be a lot of fun for you so your enthusiasm comes through.</p>

<p>PS My son LOVES CC. The only downside so far is sitting through a 3 hour class with only a short break. Still, he much prefers the Block Plan to taking several classes at once.</p>

<p>It all depends on your learning style.</p>

<p>Where did you find the example essays on the website? I have no clue how to do mine but I can't find them.</p>

<p>i too didnt find any examples...
i was an international student and now an international student crazy abt CC...hehe</p>

<p>d block essay is bothering me too..dunno how to start...does someone has any examples?</p>

<p>Trust me, it's on the college site, though I don't remember exactly where. Takes a little digging. C'mon, you guys can do better at this than an old lady, eh?</p>

<p>I am a sophmore and thought this was the best part of the application process. Let you be completeyly creative. I remember writing mine about the "Anthropology of Service." It was fun...had to do with studying service and volunteerism in America and the capstone feature of it was developing a service organization and 40 hours of service in and around Colorado Springs...really wish they offered the calss here. It would be fun</p>

<p>I'm an international student from a country where educational system is far different from the educational system of America. In high school we have a fixed timetable of 11 required subjects, and each day we know what we will learn and what books to bring. For example: Monday: Math, Math, Math, Chemistry, English -- Tuesday: History, Biology, English, Geology, etc. We are not free to choose courses and don't have the credit system, so I don't understand anything when I do some research about American students' collegiate calendar: trimester, semester, quarter, quarter hour, semester hour, credit hour, unit, course or instructional time. I don't even know why they count the academic calendar by week, when the number of days of learning in a week may vary because of holiday or break. I don't know what timetable of an American student looks like.</p>

<p>Therefore I have no clue about the Block Plan essay question of CC. I suppose that I will research about the American collegiate calendar when I am admitted somewhere, but right now I have to write the CC supplementary essay, and I'm unprepared for that. Can anyone explain the above concepts for me?</p>