Boarding School Application Profile

I made a mistake that I believe will hinder my application. I logged the hours I completed an activity wrong and didn’t specify what I was doing in the program. Are there any whys to reach out to the schools to change it? The mistake is on SAO. Also, the deadline already passed, and I have already submitted my application. Essays are good, transcript in, recs are in.

I am really panicking. Someone, please help me.

I’m not familiar with what SAO does or does not allow you to amend (maybe @Calliemomofgirls can chime in on that?) but you could draft a short summary email explaining/correcting the issue and send it to the AOs I suppose.

Maybe pick one school to start with…send it, see what if anything they say in response? You could gauge whether to tweak the email (or not even bother sending it to the other schools) depending on the response you get from the first?

BTW you’re not the first one who has posted to say that the way the form asks for your time commitment created confusion.

1 Like

Agree with @DroidsLookingFor.
Don’t panic.
Really not a huge ordeal to reach out to schools by email to send an amendment or new info or whatever.
(It’s a good reminder to everyone: don’t forget to launch PDF to “review application” before submitting and read each and every one. I say that not make you feel bad but to give a heads up to folks that you can and should do this final step before submitting.)
Agree with the approach to send to one school and maybe adjust the email accordingly.
Do NOT share the panic; just share the updated corrrect information.
We had at least one update for each of my kid’s cycles — totally no big deal.

1 Like