Boston College Transfer for Fall 2023

I am applying to Boston College as a transfer I want to know if anyone has any useful tips or if anyone else is applying.

I have a daughter that transferred to BC. We were verbally told by the transfer admissions officer that BC expected a minimum 3.5 GPA for transfers. Most of the transfer spots are in arts & sciences, if fact BC states each year that there may not be any spots available in business, nursing, or education. Another tip is to make an appointment with the admissions office and then treat this like an interview (even though interviews are not part of the process). Transfers are only promised 1 year of housing (sophomore year). In reality ALL of daughter’s transfer friends eventually got housing for 2 years (on campus sophomore and senior, off campus junior). Good luck.

That is very useful information thank you very much!

Based on the last available Common Data Set, transfer admission rate was just below 13% and about 1/3 of admitted transfer applicants enrolled in fall 2021.

Did anyone get an Expression of Interest - Waitlist option to submit on their transfer portal? I got one and it’s making me think that I was already decided as a waitlist…

Weird, last year a lot of people who got that did get waitlisted. But it didn’t happen so soon. I don’t have anything on my portal. Is the EOI in the drop down menu for you?

It was in the dropdown, but I reached out to Admissions and they said that it was a remnant of the last cycle. I had submitted an expression of interest by then, and I believe it is still included in my file.

1 Like

Does anyone know when decisions get released/ if it is a wave or all at once?

Do you mean you are a transfer applicant, and got an option to say “yes I want to be waitlisted”? Already? My son is applying as a transfer and I don’t think has received anything. Thanks in advance for letting me know! It seems very strange to offer you that option so soon, and when to my knowledge no decisions have gone out.

1 Like

Hi there,

The option had appeared on my portal mistakenly. I was not placed on a waitlist, and the admission counselor confirmed that it was a remaining drop down item from the past cycle. I used the opportunity to provide an update on my accomplishments since I submitted my application before it was deleted off my portal, but the update remained on my file.

Rest assured that no decisions for waitlists have been rolled out just yet. The admission counselor has also confirmed that decisions will be released in May.

BC typically releases on the first week of May all at once, as per their webinar for prospective transfer students.

They like pushing out applications before everybody leaves their current institution, so despite it saying May 20 on the portal, be on the lookout around the first week of May- historically it has been like that as well.

i wonder if they’ll release on friday

yeah I just checked the portal and its saying Waitlist FAQ and Submit an Expression of Interest

Where does it say that?

on the portal right after the checklist and before uploading section. if you dont have it then i guess i got waitlisted

My entire dropdown list section was removed, and no waitlist prompt is shown

Is there any way you could attach a screenshot of such?

Did anyone else receive a transfer decision notification?