Brandeis Class of 2027 Official Thread

At least two past admits told me not to worry about it.

Decisions are out ā€¦ and my kid was waitlisted. :woman_shrugging:t2:

(3.7 unweighted, 1380, 8 APā€™s, pretty good ECā€™s.)

Got in but terrible financial aid. Canā€™t even enjoy the admit. If anyone can help me, how do you go about negotiating a better package? I really need some advise!!!

1 Like

Well, congrats on the acceptance, all the same! :tada: But yes, it is so complicated to get an acceptance that you canā€™t afford.

What Iā€™m hearing from FAOs is: To negotiate need-based aid, you have to show a documented change in your circumstances. To ask for more merit aid, they usually want to see a better offer from a comparable school. (Weā€™re in that process right now with another school.)

If you post in the Financial Aid section of the forum, there are some experts there who might have more specific advice for you!

They have the balls to send me an email mid-february that I am a finalist for admission, congratulating me for my achievements, and then they straight out reject me, not even waitlist. Iā€™m not sure what to think about this.

My daughter was denied. WGPA 4.37 UW 3.8 SAT 1450 submitted

Just for next yearā€™s people reading for portal astrology purposes. Her portal did not change when other people reported theirs did and she could not register for admitted studentsā€™ events when others could.

I didnā€™t see it. Do it come in several waves?

Also, the letter has now disappeared and we canā€™t access it at all.

Son was admitted- spring start. It looks like he can study in London or Florence with a group of Brandeis kids in the fallā€¦

Waitlisted. Honestly surprised because I expected a flat out rejection. Wonā€™t be taking the waitlist though.

Stats:
93/100 gpa
Test optional
8 APs

Honestly, I think being waitlisted is worse than rejection. Thereā€™s no point in colleges getting back to students after the May 1st deposit. People donā€™t have money to throw around.

3 Likes

Do you mind sharing his stats?

DS admitted. 1480 SAT; 3.97 UW GPA. School of Computer Sciences. Donā€™t have any other information at the moment as he is at a friendā€™s house now.

1 Like

I donā€™t think that is true. My oldest was WLed at a bunch of schools (did not apply to this one). He ended up getting off of two Top 20 WLs and graduated from one of his WLs

@lpiske that is strange, I would maybe have your GC follow up early next week if you are still interested.

@rbg1 old story but a friend of one of my kids got off the WL at a slightly higher ranked school either in late April or early May I forget as it has been many years. He went to visit, liked it but really wanted to go to Brandeis but had a lot of financial need. The offer from the other school was much higher. He ended up using it to get Brandeis to give him more money. While they did not quite match the other school it was pretty close and he ended up graduating from Brandeis

2 Likes

My student was admitted. The portal did change and he was able to register for admitted student event about an hour before the results were out.

Sharing for future applicants. My son was accepted. With $10,500 merit/year.
97 UW/ 108 W GPA
Test optional
4 APs

My daughter got in. 1470 SATs, 97 GPA. She got the Humanities fellowship with 20.5K merit awarded per year (which still makes this too expensive). Also her dad went there along with several other close relatives. My family who went there all have the warm fuzzies about the place so I hope we can bring down the cost.

Oh yeah, of course. I think there are definitely instances where applicants get off the waitlist. For me and for a lot of students itā€™s just frustrating not knowing, you know? Youā€™re good enough but they put you on hold for a while.

Putting a deposit is expensive and if it just so happens you get off the waitlist to your top college you lose that deposit money. Just a very exhausting process.

3 Likes

Hi, was the merit stated in the decision letter? TIA

Yes, the merit scholarship was in the decision letter.