Brown Class of 2027 Official Thread

Daughter accepted. Absolutely thrilled for her :smile:

5 Likes

My girl spent SO much time on her Brown application. Her video is so freaking good, and her essays were so heartfelt and extremely well written. That’s what she’s most frustrated by - all of the time she now feels she wasted. These poor kids. This whole process is just demoralizing.

Congratulations. My son also got accepted. I feel so blessed and proud of him. The kid worked so hard. The college application process is no joke.

3 Likes

S27 accepted. Looking at Accepted Student Visit in April. What is agenda, times? Our son can’t access agenda on portal. Should we arrive Thur night or Fri morning? Thanks.

1 Like

Haven’t seen an agenda, but the confirmation email said the events begin at 8:15 and end at 4:30. I imagine the 8:15 start time is coffee and registration, and I’m not sure when the actual program begins. Options are April 14 and 21. To register, my S23 had to create a new account using the link he found on the portal. Only the admitted student can attend the scheduled events - parents/guardians cannot, due to space constraints.

I know that bear!!!

1 Like

Anyone hear anything about Brown’s waitlist? Has anyone gotten off of it?

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten off or heard anything about waitlist movement this year ?

I just got off the waitlist tonight. Committed to Georgetown for buis rn, now I have to make decision.

1 Like

Congratulations! Were you notified by email?

Thanks. Yeah I got an email

1 Like

How much time were you given to consider the offer? One week?

By may 24th so yeah a week

Thanks! Brown is a great school, so is Georgetown. Congratulations again for having amazing choices.

Did you write a LOCI? Also what time did they notify you?

Congratulations! Does Brown consider major before they take people off the waitlist?

Can I ask your major please?

I honestly don’t remember what i put on the application( I think CS-Econ) but I’m going to dual concentrate in CS and the joint concentration in applied math-econ with the Sc.B financial math track

2 Likes

Yeah I wrote a loci. It was around 7PM

When did you submit your LOCI? Also are you from an underrepresented state ?