BS/DO General Thread

Does anyone have information about Rutgers - Rowan BS DO? Is it a good program?

Interesting tread now with Rutgers/Rowan BSDO being discussed. I am following so thank you for sharing your thoughts.
For ā€œPearlo7ā€ there is a Rowan/Rowan BSDO program? We will research this online as well and share a URL if we find itā€¦GL all.

Rowan has both a BS/DO and a BS/MD, hereā€™s the link (Accelerated Biophysics (BS) and Medical Degree (MD/DO))

Re: Rutgers Rowan BS DO

Iā€™m trying to see if anyone has ā€œinsideā€ information. Like a family member has gone there and what they think of the program.

Any input will be appreciated. Iā€™m hoping to make this thread a place where parents and students can get some insight into the BSDO process.

1 Like

Is anyone considering going to the NYIT bs/do program? I was accepted and wanted to see other peopleā€™s thoughts about the program

1 Like

I recommend reaching out to current NYIT BS/DO students (the facebook group they have is a good resource). I was heavily considering going but recently received a BS/DO acceptance somewhere else that is currently my top choice.

Which school is your current top pick?

NSUā€™s program

1 Like

What aspects of the NSU program do you think are better that NYIT?

1 Like

Congratulations on your acceptance!

1 Like

Thanks, not sure if Iā€™d go yet but Iā€™m thankful to have it as an option!

I donā€™t necessarily think itā€™s better, itā€™s up to personal preference. Right now the reasons Iā€™m leaning toward it is because for me the tuition costs are less and Iā€™d prefer to have 4 years of undergrad than 3. The NYIT academic requirements seem very rigorous as well.

Did anyone interview with Adelphi and PCOM?

I did not receive a notification about interviews yet, but I did find out my application was forwarded to PCOM yesterday and that if we are selected to interview, we should find out by the end of March. What about you?

Sorry, I meant forwarded to the Office of Pre-Professional Advising and Fellowships not PCOM

same here

Did Adelphi forward you to PCOM. if yes then when?

My son is coming to the end of his journey.

1. NYIT/NYIT COM acceptance
  2. Gannon/PCOM acceptance
  3. LECOM interview - results pending
  4. MSSU/KCU COM (yours to lose program) interview - results pending
  5. IIT/CCOM (Midwestern) interview - full scholarship at IIT, accepted at CCOM!
  6. Rutgers/Rowan - interviewed with Rutgers, not forwarded to Rowan
  7. NSU/KP COM pending - accepted to KPCOM (NSUā€™s DO program) - waiting to hear about Presidential scholarship and Razorā€™s Edge Research
  8. MSU - OMSP program interview - results pending
  9. Pitzer/Western University - no interview given

This list is just the BS DO portion, but he did not get any of the BS MD programs he applied to. I will give full impressions and thoughts a little later.

We are leaning towards IIT/CCOM. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

4 Likes

big congrats on IIT/CCOM, the full scholarship for UG sounds amazing!

Yes they did. Yesterdat