BS/DO General Thread

i have not

neither have i

oh ok. Not sure what Rowan BS/DO timelines are. Anyone can share advise/past experience?

I was told by my interviewers that I should hear back sometime in the first two weeks of March so I’m not too sure about the timeline either.

has anyone heard from lecom eap?

1 Like

Re: LECOM

I’ve been trying to find my notes from the LECOM pre-interview info session and I can’t find them. So, I will give you an answer based on memory. I believe that they said that they made >150 offers last year. I want to say that it was in the 170 range.

Thank you very much for this information! Any chance they also mentioned how many applications they received or any other related statistics? I am trying to get a sense of how competitive the program is. What is the likelihood of the acceptance if you meet the requirements for GPA and SAT?

Did you apply through Rowan Undergrad to their BS/DO or other undergrad such as Rutgers. I applied directly through Rowan and was admitted to their undergrad and was sent a link for the essay to their DO school.

1 Like

Rowan UG as well

was there an interview for Rowan UG? I thought the interview is with DO college. I did not interview with their UG and was sent a link to apply to their DO college.

I believe you’re talking about the link to the supplemental application where you submit an essay for the program. I was interviewed by the UG pre-health office and waiting to see if I’m being forwarded to the medical school since it’s a 2-step interview process, hope this helps!

1 Like

yes. I was sent the link to the supplement essay for the DO school and was admitted to their UG. Did not know there was an interview with their pre-health office.

do all students who apply to Rowan BSDO get interviewed by their Pre health before forwarding the application to the DO school. It is my #1 program, and am a but worried now that I did not get their Pre health interview.

Yes you have to be selected for a preliminary interview with the Office of Pre-Health (I got an email for it in early February) and then the medical school admissions committee conducts interviews most likely in March to make final decisions.

What are your thoughts on MSSU BS/DO ? Do you know if they will allow you to move out of the program if you end up scoring really good on mcat. Is there any penalty. Did your son get accepted at MSSU

Has anyone heard from LECOM regarding the EAP program?

In general for BS/DO programs, a SAT score in the 1300s or 1400s and a GPA of 3.5 to 4.0 is enough to have a good chance of getting in.

For BS/MD programs, you will need at least a 1500 SAT score (probably a 1550) and a 4.5+ GPA.

Received email today this evening LECOM with offer of a provisional reserved seat. I believe starting this year, they are either offering a reserved seat or a guaranteed interview after UG.

1 Like

?!
i think you may be right about the bs/md cutoff being 1550 as above which I wish we had know going in but really doubt anyone-other is getting into NYIT, nova southeastern, or any of the more established bs/do programs with a score in the “1300s” do you have any actual data or are you just totally speculating here?

more established BSDO program are requiring 1500+ SAT scores, I guess. There is shift into BSDO program and they are getting more competitive. Lots of factors to consider while deciding.

1 Like