BSN

I am in high school right now and I am in the process of completing my Associates Degree in science at my local community college because of our dual enrollment program. I plan on majoring in Nursing at UNC-CH, which means if accepted i will only need to complete around 2 years of my Bachelors Degree because of I already received my Assoc. Deg. during high school. My question is am i able to major in nursing and complete everything within those 2 years while still being able to graduate and become a RN? Thank You, please mention if you want me to clarify anything.

Are you referring to the accelerated program? There appears to be 2 routes towards the BSN. I suggest that you study this page from UNC-CH Nursing website and see if you meet the qualifications. /nursing.unc.edu/academic-programs/bsn/prerequisites/ There is also an October admissions application deadline for this program. Since you will not have completed your courses and have your grades prior to your application, ex. Anatomy and Physiology I and II, I don’t know if you are eligible for the accelerated program. Please contact a nursing admission officer for a definitive answer.

The UNC-CH traditional pre-licensure BSN program is a 5 semester program starting in the Fall of each year. You have to apply separately for admission to the BSN program. Once you start the program, the curriculum is all nursing courses, including clinicals. So you will need to have completed all prerequisites (A&P I & II, microbiology, nutrition, etc.). The accelerated BSN is only for students who already have a bachelors degree.

Depending on what courses you took in your AS program, it’s doubtful you’d be able to start right away in the BSN program. You’ll probably need to take the prerequisites first, adding a semester or two to your timeline prior to starting to BSN program.