Business opportunities with a UM degree?

<p>I'm interested in International Marketing and Finance, and I'm wondering what kind of internships/job opportunities UM business students get with their degree. I've heard Miami is an international business hub, but does that limit my opportunities to global businesses centered in Miami/Caribbean/South America? Or do students have opportunities in the other global cities of the US (NY, LA) and abroad in Europe, etc.?
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>It simply depends on the individual and what they want. A lot of students at Miami come from the Northeast, so chose to move back North and work in the city. As far as Internships go, there are many opportunities and if you get involved in the proper organizations, you will meet people who are able to educate and help you get these opportunities (Alpha Kappa Psi, Investment Club, etc.).</p>

<p>Being centered in Miami, the job market for position that deal with the Caribbean/ South America is highly accessible. </p>

<p>Hope this helps! I went to Miami for a few years, but graduated from UNC. Among my friends that majored in Finance/Marketing/ IFM at Miami, some of them are working for Morgan Stanley, John Hancock, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs as well as some smaller firms.</p>