Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@abby2022
I feel like my MCA isn’t too bad though. (4335)

I can only imagine that there was a mistake on my application somewhere or maybe the cutoff is just ridiculous this year.

I was really looking forward to joining Cal Poly SLO Rotaract, something that Pomona used to have but I haven’t seen any activity and I think their charter was revoked? So that’s going to be a big drawback to going to Pomona. So I’m not sure what I’m going to do now …

And apparently the general campus life of Pomona is pretty dead, so it’s not necessarily the environment that I want to be in.

S waitlisted for Communications
GPA 3.9
ACT 32
MCA ~4200
In State

When does cal poly release scholarship notifications?

Still haven’t heard for kinesiology, not even a waitlist. Should I just expect a rejection at this point?

Waitlisted Philosophy
3.61 Weighted
3.5 UW
27 ACT
MCA 4000

Still have high hopes as SLO seems to admit many waitlisted students

@http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/profile/babushki. Older son is 2nd year Electrical Engineering Major at CP. Youngest son just got waitlisted today for Biological Sciences. 4.2 W GPA. 1470 SAT - year round baseball, leadership, minority background, & internship at state of CA. Bio Sci is just super competitive.

if i haven’t gotten a waitlist does that mean i’m rejected.

@parentinaustin @UniDaddy @FandomGod007 @ktssomerville @Turnippman @momlikes2run

First, know that if things are like last year, the waitlist has about a 50% acceptance rate.

Second, if you would post to the Final Status thread, it will greatly help future applicants. Thanks!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-2019-final-status-p1.html

@eyemgh Thank you for all the valuable comments and advice. Just posted on the final status thread. Hoping he moves from wait list to accepted.

He may have to accept somewhere else while we wait on Cal Poly since most deadlines are May 1. I assume that is possible with the only drawback being the lost deposit.

@parentaustin: Yes, waitlisted students need to SIR to another school by May 1 unless they are accepted off the waitlist and lose the enrollment deposit.

@momlikes2run do you mind my asking if your son submitted his middle school grades. My daughter has the same stats for biological sciences but she hasnt received a waitlist notification. We didnt submit middle school grades so she might be rejected completely

I just got waitlisted for Bio Med.
When would they let us know if we got in? By May 1st? Should we still continue to check portals regularly? @eyemgh

D waitlisted 3/12 approximately 10:00AM through portal
Kinesiology
GPA: (UW) 3.75, (W) 4.05
SAT: 1440
MCA: 4625
Lots of work (major related) and volunteer (leadership) experience
High coursework rigor (
Submitted middle school grades
In State (Southern CA)

are waitlists still coming out?

Waitlisted Environmental Engineering
In-state
GPA 3.8 (unweighted)
ACT 31
Community Service / Eagle Scout / Team lead - Robotics / Tennis team / MTN biking team

Accepted (top choices only) CU Boulder / Colorado School of Mines
Denied UC Davis
Still waiting on other UCs
All Environmental Engineering

are all the waitlists all out??

My D is still waiting to hear about kinesiology.
GPA: 4.0, ACT 30, MCA ~ 4650-4750 (I don’t know if ms grades were entered. She has a lot of volunteer hours major-related, plus a college class, tutoring and a job.) Her portal still says no determination. ?for acceptance or waitlist!

I still have “no determination” for animal sciences what does this mean at this point??

Pretty happy I was waitlisted. Was a reach for sure and I’m glad I’m still in the running :smiley:

will more waitlists continue to be released?