Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@2toplace The CS program at Cal Poly is strong, even though it is overcrowded. I would just suggest you and your daughters have a realistic expectation of the overall costs and extra time of not graduating in 4 years. For some families that is not going to be a deal breaker. I agree it would seem that having my son’s entering class of 2017 moving through should theoretically help with class availability, however class availability for CS at Cal Poly was a well known issue we were warned about before he even enrolled. So far all classes he has taken have been able to count for some requirement, however he has not been able to register for his required 3 course Physics series yet which is something students often take as freshmen. That means that next fall as a junior he will be attempting to get those classes alongside other juniors, sophomores and freshmen (maybe even seniors?). I’m concerned that as his class options narrow down he may be forced to take lighter loads than would be ideal. CS does not have any free electives so every class he takes has to fulfill a specifc CS graduation requirement or it doesn’t count towards obtaining his degree at all.

My son was just waitlisted for the CalPoly SLO Architecture school. Does anyone know how the waitlist works? When do you get a final decision?

@parentinaustin
OOS? And when do you get the info? Just now? By email or portal? My D is still waiting for architecture. What is your son stat if u dont mind. Thanks.

My daughter just got waitlisted also. I’d say within last half hour. In state.

My son is OOS and he just saw it in the portal. No email yet.
GPA: 3.74
SAT: 1410
AIA Architecture Internships and Mentorship Programs
Steady job (not related to Architecture) for the last 2 years

@parentaustin: Students need to accept the waitlist first. As applicants decline, spots will open up and then students will be admitted off the wailtlist. It could happen anytime between now and after May 1 which is the official SIR date.

My Son just to put on the waitlist for CS according to the portal, in state

ugh still no determination for communications…

Wait so are acceptances still being sent out or not?

If I have no determination what does that mean at this point?

Waitlisted
In-State
Major: Public Health
SAT: 1230
GPA: 4.2 Cap
MCA: lol idk idk like 2600??

Daughter waitlisted for mechanical engineering.
MCA 4633
Gpa 4.09
SAT 1400
In state

Please put your wait list status in the final status thread!!

I didn’t get wait listed for architecture, in-state. I’m not sure that this means rejection but in any case I’ve moved on to Cal Poly Pomona. It definitely isn’t the environment I’m looking for but it has a great B. Arch program that I literally know nothing about other than that it’s impacted.

@ChrispBear
Same here, so maybe CPP arch the next option. Where ele did you apply?

Wait listed
In State
Major: Environmental Management and Protection
CSU Gpa: 3.79
SAT: 1420
MCA: not sure but low 4000’s

@abby2022 UCSB, UCLA, US Berkeley, UC Davis, CSULB. I’ve only been accepted to CSULB (as undeclared) and CPP (Architecture). The UCs were just to see what would happen and I got waitlisted at UC Davis for CS (which isn’t really what I want to do so I’ll likely decline the wait list).

@ChrispBear
Almost the same, add the UCSD and UCR.
Most UC for environmental engineering.
Accepted to CSULB for Industrial Design and UC Davis, Sustainable Env Design, UCR Env Eng, CPP Arch. But really SLO is #1 on the list.

No decision…liberal studies. Anyone from LS been accepted?

If I haven’t heard for agricultural system management… Should I just expect to be rejected?