Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@Chrispbear: the other poster posted approximate MCA so I would assume they did not bother calculating it correctly or you are off somewhere. Either way Only SLO would have the correct calculation and are basing their admissions on that.

Waitlisted for Computer Engineering
In-state

SAT: 1420
ACT: 31
CSU GPA: 3.96

@Gumbymom If I didn’t get waitlisted at this point, should I consider my other options?

Also @BRicher what was your actual MCA using mca.netlify.com

@BRicher

Last year people started hearing from Cal Poly late April regarding
the waitlist.

My son received an e-mail that he was accepted off the waitlist
on May 3rd, however I am not sure if he was checking his portal
regularly.

His portal might have been updated a few days before.

Good luck!

My son hasn’t heard from agriculture yet either.

@ChrispBear: In my opinion, all waitlisted applicants should consider it a rejection and get excited about their other options. There is no guarantee that you will be admitted off the waitlist even though a good number were admitted last year. Much depends upon how many SIR this year so waitlist acceptance rates can change drastically from year to year.

I still believe that more waitlist decisions are coming, but love the school(s) that love you and if for any reason you are eventually admitted than it is icing on the cake. Best of luck and where you go for Undergrad will not define you, it was what you do with opportunities you are given that will make you successful.

I know some have been waitlisted to poli sci today, has anyone been accepted today?

Waitlisted
Major: Mechanical Engineering
In-State
MCA: 4740

There was a link posted https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/2018-2019%20Enrollment%20Targets%20and%20Projections.pdf that shows first time freshman applicants and target new undergrads but if I divide the total target new undergrads by total freshman applicants I get a little more than 8% acceptance rate which isn’t right. Am I reading the tables wrong?

@H2OEng: Schools accept more applicants than actually enroll so if you use a target yield of 33% multiple the # of target undergrads x3 and then divide you can get a closer estimate of an acceptance rate.

Waitlisted for animal science
4.15 CSU GPA
MCA: 4111-ish
In State

if i still haven’t heard should i just aspect rejection or are more waitlists coming?

From what I am seeing, those questions don’t seem to be answerable. My son is still waiting too. Good luck!

Waitlisted
Major: Mechanical Engineering
In-State
MCA: 4733

My son was waitlisted for Computer Engineering. He has a 4.2 CSU gpa and a 35 ACT

@teachmomof2, his composite ACT doesn’t matter to Cal Poly, only Math and English. Did you calculate his MCA? Did he remember to put in middle school classes?

Waitlisted.
CSU GPA: 3.8
SAT: 1240
Major: English

My son’s portal says that he was sent an email with a link to a survey asking if he wants to be in the waitlist or not. He has not received such email and we checked the spam folder. For those waitlisted today, have you received such email?

Waitlisted:
CSU GPA: 4.2
SAT: 1490
Major: BIological Sciences

@parentinaustin No, nothing has been sent yet. In-state cal resident hasn’t received any email for waitlist form yet.