Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@collegiate2019

Even though I don’t qualify for financial aid, I did filed my FAFSA. I know that some schools require that you file a FAFSA for any merit scholarships. I am not sure for CalPoly.

@DStepler @Collegebd4 This is from the CSU website describing the service areas for each CSU. This is the only way to get extra points for location. Other in-state and out of state applicants don’t get treated differently.

@Goose15 Thanks for the info! I did file a FAFSA, and hopefully the school will consider me for that scholarship. I’m going to send them my National Merit proof as you suggested(it’s always worth a shot!) Congrats on your admission and scholarship!

@collegiate2019 when and how were you notified? My son is still waiting and some have said assume you are rejected at this point if you haven’t heard.

My friend just got waitlisted for CS today. Looks like some of the colleges may still be waitlisting so don’t lose hope, but also look for your other options.

@DStepler I checked my portal on Sunday evening (I’ve been desperately checking it every so often for the last couple of weeks) and saw the “Congratulations, you have been selected for admission” message in the application status and got an email of acceptance yesterday. I had been checking this forum for a while, and not having seen any acceptances for almost two weeks made me think I had no hope, but apparently there are a few straggling acceptances left. So don’t lose hope entirely, though it looks like I’m a strange exception to the rule, as I haven’t heard of any other acceptances that were nearly so late. I’m homeschooled and a physics major, if that might have anything to do with it.

@collegiate2019 congratulations on your acceptance! it’s nice to hear we still have some hope even if not much. would you mind sharing your stats?

@collegiate2019 congratulations to you! Being left in limbo is just painful:)

@pleaseacceptme12 Thanks! Some of my stats:
ACT: 36
SAT: 1590
SAT 2: Physics 780, Math 2 790, Biology E 740
Caclulated GPA: 4.62, Unweighted: 4.0
8 community college courses and 6 AP’s
EC’s: SEAP Internship at Naval Service Warfare Center, leadership in Civil Air Patrol, competitive climbing, volunteering at library, etc.
I’m not sure why my decision took so long, but here’s to hoping a string of acceptances are still to come!

We are still waiting, but psychology major, not CS or engineering.

According to the numbers they stated in their acceptance emails they accepted around seven percent of those who applied

@ondinewelch are you talking about in general or for a specific major? 7% seems like a really low acceptance rate!

When is the next wave of decisions supposed to happen? It’s really frustrating not knowing when they will release.

@Dragontt25 If it is any indication, one of my friends received a wait list just yesterday. I’m not sure if there are any more waves, but more likely just wait listing as space is available on the waitlists.

Im doing communication major. Any else? My stats still says no decision has been made…

^same

any rejections yet?

@Barnacles4444 I have not heard of any rejections, and there have been some recent acceptances. Things are a little different this year than in the past!

@collegiate2019 One reason for the delay could be the way in which you completed the CSU application. Do you remember if your high school classes autopopulated in the fields, or did you type them in? If a student does not use the autofill for his/her school’s classes, then the app takes longer to process. I agree that with your stats, it appears that you should have been an earlier admit.

the application deadline was extended due to the California Wild fires, could that be a factor in the longer wait?