Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

Did they send out email or you guys just check the portal? DD is not home yet.

Someone on reddit just got an acceptance for Materials Engineering instate!

Can you link to the reddit post? I want to get excited.

@skcyking72 its not letting me link, but it’s in r/ApplyingtoCollege and the title is “CAL POLY SLO out for me (in-state)”

@skcyking72 I found it by going on to the main page of reddit and then typing “Cal Poly SLO out for me in-state)” in the search bar.

Thanks. I will let you know if anything changes. I think there could be a small to medium sized wave of in-state acceptances this evening, and I have stuff to do but maybe some people will have received in state acceptances when I check this evening or tomorrow.

Just got in!! I’m OOS and applied to Architecture. 3.9 unweighted GPA

@lolwag123 Did your portal just update or did you just now check it for the first time today?

Anyone OOS get in for software engineering??

@Sudsmom sorry for the late response. @Aggie58 answered the question but “Usually” is the key word here. I have been on CC for 6+ years and there is no such thing as usually anymore when it comes to admission decisions. Look at SDSU’s current situation where they are accepting and rejecting transfers but the majority of Freshman have not gotten a decision. I do not think “usually” exists in the CSU admission world anymore.

@kforty2 I have been checking my portal like every ten minutes lol

@lolwag123 Thanks! I think… Back to refreshing. Congratulations!

@lolwag123, will you please post to the Final Status thread. Thanks!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-2019-final-status-p2.html

this question may have been missed. id love gumbymom and eyemgh to weigh in::

Generally speaking, are OOS MCA scores and stats higher, lower or about the same as in state MCA scores and stats per major?

OOS and got accepted into Comparative Ethnic Studies. 1580 SAT and 4.47 CSU GPA.

Does anyone know when and how we get info re: financial aid?

@StacysMom24: This is my opinion only and since @eyemgh has been collecting the MCA data, they may have a different perspective.

OOS applicants are in a different admission pool than in-state applicants. Since OOS applicants basically get little to no financial aid to attend, they are a more self-selecting applicant pool and could have higher stats overall.

The MCA’s that I see posted today look competitive and comparable to the averages posted each year for the Freshman profile. Since there are fewer OOS applicants, it may be easier to get an acceptance in some majors but overall I think the OOS numbers are pretty much the same to the in-state numbers.

@StacysMom24, i don’t think there’s enough data over the last three years to say for certain. Conventional wisdom was that In State might be tougher because CP is well known in CA. At roughly 15% of the class though, the available OOS slots are much rarer. Maybe @Gumbymom has a different take, but my gut says it’s a wash. MCA scores seem pretty similar.

@drumminggeek87, please post to the Final Status thread. Thanks!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-2019-final-status-p2.html

@drumminggeek87: Congratulations and as an OOS student, do not expect to get much if any financial aid from SLO. Did you run the Net Price calculator before applying?

The “in-state” applicant who reported getting in on Reddit stated that they did not have permanent residency when they applied and therefore would be considered either int’l or OOS. Unless anyone has heard about other CA acceptances, I think we’re still waiting until tomorrow

Do we expect ‘most’ in state decisions to come out tomorrow, or only a smallish franction?