Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

is there a chance that the IS could come out tonight later? or has it usually come out the next day after OOS?

@eyemgh Sorry for the mistake! Didn’t know there was another thread I should be posting on.

@Gumbymom Yes, I ran it and it definitely didn’t estimate much but did estimate at least a few thousand. I know OOS students get very little but wasn’t sure if I should expect anything re: aid now, and if so, how I should access it.

FYI: Received acceptance email @ 6 hours after portal notification (OOS).

My D checked the portal and nothing as of yet (OOS, WA). I think she has less than a 50% shot based on info I have seen.

@drumminggeek87: FA packages should be posted within the next few weeks based on last years posts.

My daughter is in Biology major. OOS

Accepted! OOS for Computer Science. 1450 SAT (770 math/680 reading) 4.2 CSU GPA. I think my MCA is around 4700. I feel like my stats are sort of low for CS so I am really excited. Thanks to all the helpful people on this thread who made waiting bearable :slight_smile:

My Daughter got into Arch program. She is OOS. Received an email 7:50P CST. She is very excited.

Last year the first in state acceptances came in late at night, and by morning a ton of in states acceptances were rolling out.

Anyone OOS get in for journalism? If so, what are your stats?

@bk1366, please post to the Final Status thread. Thanks!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-2019-final-status-p1.html

@StacysMom24: Not sure about the stats for OOS vs in-state but OOS are accepted at a higher rate. This article on last year’s class gave some info on it:: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/education/article211776744.html

“The most out-of-state applications came from Washington, where 1,364 applied and 814 were selected — an acceptance rate of 59.7 percent. Colorado (319 students selected), Oregon (211) and Texas (166) also had acceptance rates higher than 50 percent.”

Wow that seems so high. A 59% acceptance rate.

I know! But schools like the extra tuition fees.

Does it also have something to do with yield? Surely fewer OOS will accept the offers due to the cost for them.

I only know what the article said but as far as fees $40K is fairly reasonable for OOS, especially when you consider what your options for peer schools in the west for engineering or architecture. OOS cost for CU Boulder is $54K. I think Oregon State would have run us close to $40K, with a small merit scholarship.

so is in state supposed to come out later tonight or tomorrow?

Yes, both explanations seem to be valid.

Regarding OOS and merit scholarships my D20 received a 2K scholarship per year called an “Outreach Scholarship” back in 2016. I can’t tell if it’s still a thing. Also, and on a separate note, there this thread that I’ve seen that might be driving some OOS admittance: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2055709-proposed-fee-increase-notice-for-oos-applicants-to-cal-poly-slo.html
Go to first page

Received an email at 8pm saying I got in! Im from Texas with a 1380 SAT and was admitted into the business school