Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@caro2023 please post to the Final Status thread. Thanks!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-2019-final-status-p1.html

I think thereā€™s FAR more variability in acceptance rates between majors OOS than in and that only makes sense. Cal Poly is known nationally for engineering and architecture. Those have seemed to be roughly similar in MCA cutoffs in state vs. out of state. You wouldnā€™t expect as many to apply from OOS for majors less known though. Thus, fewer applicants, higher acceptance rates. Just conjecture, but it makes sense and Iā€™m sticking to it. :smiley:

My D is in state and we are just waiting and waiting. Looking forward to just knowing the results. Congrats to all the out of staters who got in! So exciting!!!

I need to shower and in a bit I will be back. The moment of truth. Did cal poly accept me? Donā€™t believe me. After this sentence I am pasting my portal login. The username is heyhackersyomama and the password thuglife2001. Ha if you thought I am dumb enough to let everyone in then you are wrong. That is all the humor I can give because I donā€™t want to get flagged for unrelated banter. Back to business I have not recieved a decision yet, and I am nervous and hope I recieve a decision tomorrow. I donā€™t think they would push waitlists and rejections all the way back. i think it is in state and out of state, and they have been reading applications so they probably would be able to post some out of state rejections today and in-state rejections tomorrow, and being waitlisted is a lot worse than getting rejected because you have no idea what will happen and you often do not hear back unless they decide they have space for you in the spring or winter, and if you do not hear back chances they decided not to admit you. If you are rejected it is no big deal if you have some solid acceptances because there are other opportunities and you will have a good range of potential places to choose from.n

@eyemgh - do you know when CalPoly is likely to post in state for engineering?

@eyemgh I think we get your point. Most college threads on these boards do not have final status. They have Official RD Decision Thread. People are going to do what they want. If they post on this, so be it. But mentioning your final status thread is getting annoying, just saying!

has anyone heard for public health? if so, could you post your stats and mca? good luck everyone!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2050866-cal-poly-class-of-2022-thread-p45.html
This was last year the day decisions first came out and the first time anyone mentioned getting accepted in state was at 11:18 P.M on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 which is a thursday this year. At the earliest it would be very late when most people are sleeping, the admissions team is keeping the coffee going and pushing out as many decisions as they can before the team is exhausted and calls it quits to pick it up in the morning, where around lunchtime on Friday, March 1 it stands to reason that this forum will be full of in state acceptances.

This was at the least the first for college confidential.

Your super hard waiting will pay off, Truelly wish you get in! Good luck! Try not to worry!

@NewPoster123 For those of us who follow Cal Poly over the years @eyemgh does a great service to make stats available to compare and guide how/what/where to help our children. A stats only thread is VERY helpful and would not happen without someone as dedicated as him to shepherd it. Casual readers of this thread might only know of the final status thread through his gentle notices. The value of the stats available to us and future applicants is worth the price of your annoyance, in my humble opinion. Now, back to the waiting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdIJ2x3nxzQ&t=96s
I was going to post a stream of some tv episodes but I donā€™t want to be flagged for spam and what not, so here is a compilation of delta waves for 10 hours if you want to meditate or de-stress if you are going to pull an all-nighter because you are anxious about the decision. If you plan to meditate or do some nighttime yoga to keep your sanity, donā€™t get too relaxed because you might wake up fearing that cal poly rejected you while you were sleeping, and if things have been going well in terms of acceptances or you have been rejected so many times and want one school to appreciate you it can be hard. This should take you 10 hours until about 7:46 a.m, which is a hotspot for when decisions could come out if the team at admissions decides to get an early start on in state decisions.

I posted the wrong link, but forest sounds are relaxing too. I am losing my touch, I should be talking about acceptances not posting these links. Maybe I just need to relax.

Relax skcyking72 :slight_smile: Iā€™m also as excited as one could be although Iā€™m almost sure my S will not make it due to that ā€œmiddle school gradeā€ screw up :frowning:

@eyemgh: please keep asking. You are so helpful and much appreciated!!

You all are getting very comical in these final hours - thank you :).

So does the admissions team literally stay up all night? That seems hard to believe. 7:46 a.m. hotspot? Really? Or was this a joke?

Iā€™m smiling while Iā€™m typing.

And I hope nobody stays up all night waiting. Go to bed! :slight_smile: The answers will be there tomorrow, and it will all end up just fine.

So, as an OOS student who hasnā€™t been accepted yet, does this pretty much mean I didnā€™t get in?

Maybe we should start a pool to guess when the first in-state will be released. Put me down for 2:07pm 3/1/19.

@skcyking72 You make me smile. You may have posted it but what major are you shooting for and what are your stats.
Surely you would be a lock into standup comedy or dramaā€¦ And I mean this in a very positive way!

Totally agree. @eyemgh keep asking. This admissions process is so confusing! The data youā€™re gathering is so helpful.