Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

I don’t think I’ve seen any OOS animal science majors which is interesting…

Today my hopes are that we get some in-state acceptances. Even if I don’t get accepted myself, it is still kind of exciting to feel the energy that comes when people are accepted. The vibe was really strong from around lunchtime yesterday up until around maybe 9 pm, and it began to die down after that but it was still pretty strong. This is going to be an eventful day for acceptances, I can just feel it.

interesting thought but no, not even close. the point was that the out of state schools that offer EA make this process much easier and the fact that CA schools do not have EA any more is annoying.

Cal Poly could be FAR more straightforward in the admissions process than they are. SJSU is very clean, and they get a similar number of applicants. That said, CP eliminated ED several years ago because it disadvantaged families with less money. They couldn’t say yes without knowing what their financial package would look like.

@eyemgh what is a fairly common MCA for In state BRAE

@CaliDad2021 you’re not the only one and it’s not just for CP SLO. This reaction was common last year when all CSU rolled out new application which had its own glitches including it didn’t allow admissions to easily reconcile listed course titles to requirements. This year CA public schools extended application deadlines due to fires so they needed to extend decision announcements to be able to consider those later applicants in the entire the pool of applicants. In future years the announcements should return to a known time frame.

Same here @aggiemomtobe … my daughter has received all of her OOS acceptances, merit packages and all!
She has also been admitted to 5/6 cal states for mechanical engineering… just waiting on S L O …
(I am also an Aggie mom to be: Texas A&M is at the top of her list right now, lol :slight_smile: )

@rockmom21 my aggie is a UC Davis hopeful! Best of luck on your ultimate decision. Even after SLO we will be waiting on Davis…hurry up and wait!

@eyemgh since you are so knowledgeable in regards to Engineering:
Do you have any thoughts on the mechanical engineering programs at SJSU, SDSU, CPP, CSULB, Chico…?
Daughter was admitted to all of these schools.
Other than SLO, is there any one that stands out for a female mechanical engineering student who wants a more residential college experience, and a solid program??? Anyone?
She didn’t like Pomona cause it didn’t feel residential enough. Gah.

I will chime in here. :wink: I live in the SF bay area and SJSU has a good reputation here. Especially for comp sci but also for other engineering subjects.

sending everyone positive vibes today!!!

@MattManq20, sorry, not one I can pull off the top of my head. You could search the past Final Status threads.

@rockmom21, I do not, other than I know Apple hires lots of SJSU grads and CPP spun off of Cal Poly, so they espouse the “Learn by Doing” philosophy too. We are from out of state and my son had no interest in any of the UCs or CSUs other than Poly. @Gumbymom might be of assistance. She has more breadth of knowledge that me on the other schools.

Yep - Apple hires more engineers from SJ State than any other college/university. That was according to an article a few years back anyhow.

Thanks @eyemgh and @patertrium !
It would be SO MUCH CHEAPER for her to stay in-state and I’m trying to figure out if we should visit SD or SJ… hmmm… (we are in OC)

Does anyone have a guess as to what time in-state decisions will come out?

2:07PM is my guess. I accept Paypal if I’m right.

@aggiemomtobe have any of the UCs gotten back?
Our daughter didn’t apply to any. Not a one. And I’m so curious when they will roll out admissions…
It’s funny because I really wanted her to apply to Davis, but nopers.

UC Santa Cruz has notified some high scorers.

@rockmom21 not yet

@rockmom21 UCSC notified some early admits this week, and UCSB notified some top applicants at their chancellor receptions.