Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

So she didn’t see the acceptance in the student portal? Only in an email?

If I haven’t seen any updates from the portal about my admission, should I just assume I’ve been rejected at this point?

@codingismygame : Waitlist notifications usually come next and then finally rejections so you are still in the running.

Why don’t they release all the decisions on one day. It would make life so much easier.

@Gumbymom Do you know if rejections are shown in the portal?

@ChrispBear: Yes, Waitlist and Rejections will be posted in the portal.

Does anyone know if there was a place on the application to put whether your parent works for CSU? I never saw it on the application but it raises my MCA 700 points.

Has anyone been accepted to communications yet?

@jennataylor44, It only counts if your parent works for Cal Poly, not the other CSU campuses.

@Morganmom i’m still waiting

Have decisions for the engineering department been released? Still haven’t heard back.

@kittenpawz07: Yes, Engineering acceptances have been released. Does your portal still say “No determination”?

I applied to business administration and my portal still says “no determination has been made at this time.” Is CP done with admitting students? Does this mean I am going to be waitlisted or rejected? Starting to lose hope :frowning:

Has all of the animal science acceptances been released because mine still has “no determination has been made”

Mine still says “no determination”. Several of my friends were admitted last week, so I’m starting to lose hope as well. Fingers crossed some acceptances are still coming. Starting to wonder, though, if the rest will be WL’s and rejections.

I applied last year for Wine & Viticulture as a transfer. Got denied late in March. I applied again and just got accepted! Goodluck to everyone!

I’m waiting for Animal Science as well and my portal still says “no determination has been made yet” too

Dang, looking at the Final Status thread and the stats, I’m really not sure why my D wasn’t accepted for Child Development. Her stats are higher than some of the Engineering acceptances. Maybe Child Development is ultra-competitive. Or maybe they really are dragging out these decisions. Still very frustrated. She’s given up and just waiting for UCs at this point and glad to have her Dec Acceptance to SDSU. This has just left a bad taste for CPSLO for us. Still “No determination…” in her portal.

@Last1Done: The target projected acceptance rate for Child Development is 16% so pretty competitive so around 30 spots. Also you cannot compare Stats/MCA’s between majors. Everything depends upon how she stacks up against the other CD majors only.

Yes, @Gumbymom, thank you, we realize this. It’s the slow pace of dragging out the decisions that is most frustrating. 2 weeks and so many are still in Limbo, whereas other Unis release all decisions simultaneously. Just not sure why SLO is so different?