Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

Yes, hi there! Now my daughter has admission from UC San Diego (just got an e-mail), but only wait-listed at SLO. Admission game is truly “throws of the darts.” In the dark.

They’ve sent out the acceptances. They’ve sent out the waist list. Realistically what’s left is the rejections. So why don’t they just send them out? Why such a long and drawn- out process? Very frustrating!

@Tabitha18 So true, what’s even the point of waiting? Just want to get this over with and disregard SLO forever lol

They are waiting for people to decline their admission and waitlist status so that they can then move people on the waitlist to an acceptance.

Yes, admissions is really weird. Glad to hear that you got good news from UCSD, even though Cal Poly didn’t work out. My daughter got into UCSD last night as well, but not for her intended major (CS). They put her in “undeclared.” She obviously won’t be attending. Not sure what more she could have done. 4.43 GPA from arguably the top high school in the country, 1590 SAT. A UCSD rep even came to the high school this year to encourage kids to apply. She’s not that disappointed about not getting CS at UCSD, as she has a number of better and more affordable options (including Honors CS at UIUC, Honors CS at UMD), but yeah, admissions is a total crapshoot.

Just because you are wait listed, doesn’t mean you are out. You still have a chance to get in! Keep up the hope!

Looks like honors college invitations starting to go out.

D20 just received an invitation to apply to CPSLO’s honors program. Does anyone know if there are scholarship opportunities attached to the honors program? Not seeing scholarships mentioned in the list of benefits linked in the email.

has anyone been accepted into food science major?

My daughter hasn’t heard one way or the other yet! This school is insanely slow and disorganized! Especially when they have nothing to judge! Just numbers spit out from a computer?

Is it safe to assume that waitlisted candidates would likely not hear anything until at least late April if at all? I imagine that if the school accepted 2-3 times more students than they have room for it would take a significant amount of time to work that list down to being under their target enrollment so they could start adding kids from the waitlist. Especially if most schools don’t require you to send your intent letters until May 1.

@JandTsDad good news!! just got admitted :slight_smile:

Did your email come today?

@mhaze:

@aishaaaaaaaaa is an International applicant so their decision timeline is different. Many International applicants were hearing in December.

@Gumbymom are you an admissions officer? Do you work for one of the colleges?

@Doubftfuleyes13: No I am not admission officer and do not work for any colleges. I am just a Mom that has helped her kids and many other friends/relatives through the admission process for the Cal States and UC’s for the last 7 years. The information that I have gathered has been from helpful posters on CC and through my own research so I am far from perfect when it comes to knowing everything about the process. It just like to pay it forward whenever possible.

I am new to this website as of January so wasn’t sure how it worked. I thought maybe you were an advisor or retired admissions officer.

So should I assume I’ve been rejected if I haven’t heard anything back by now? Psych major instate.

What is your MCA score?