Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

According to the 2023 thread http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2113863-cal-poly-slo-class-of-2023-thread-p19.html

OOS acceptances began on 2/28 and in state began on 3/1
3/1 is a Sunday this year.

Do the acceptances come out all at the same time or in waves?

@2015vintagemars: Based on previous years, the decisions come out in waves. Usually OOS acceptances, then in-state acceptances over a couple days, followed by waitlisted applicants and finally denials.

Denials a painfully long delay in the future. :frowning:

Have you ever heard of anyone being accepted after the initial wave comes out (not counting later from the wait list)? It seems like all of the acceptances are out quickly once they start–36 hours or so from start to finish for each college for in-state students. Any exceptions that you have heard of?

@AMCdad, I haven’t. That doesn’t mean it’s never happened though. Keeping students hanging so long just makes them bitter at the institution.

Thanks, @eyemgh. We’ll call it 95% likely just for the sake of exceptions.

We will be on pins and needles until the acceptances start rolling out. It will all be clear very soon after that, one way or the other.

Heard about somebody that got accepted OOS today. Anybody else have any updates? My portal hasn’t been updated. They were CS major btw

Oh wow!! Anyone else? My daughter’s status hasn’t changed. Nervous!!

D just texted (from
School?) - no change.

She’s going to risk getting her phone taken by checking her portal all day. Lol…the waiting game.

If you are referring to the person who posted on Reddit, he/she is an international.

Ugh, I hope that’s not it

There were a few computer science kids on reddit posting acceptances. I don’t think they were all international.

I got in too for CS. I’m OOS (Note I’ve lived and studied outside US so yea)

@clgapp123 If you have received a decision, please post stats.

Anybody in-state receive a decision? Saw some people claiming to have heard back but only OOS from what I have seen. Seems awfully early this year.

I highly doubt that all the OOS decisions are coming out today. It looks to me like the applicants who were admitted today who posted here or on reddit were either international or are U.S. citizens but did their high school studies abroad.

Congrats!

@NoVaRat you are probably right. I’m sure we would have had lots of posts about acceptances if they were releasing today. Just makes it scary since it’s very hard to get accepted after the first round.