Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

@mt7667 Do you know anything about the program? Like if it is hard to transfer into?

@omarllamas1023 I just know the average gpa for admitted students in the college of agriculture is 3.26 as of last year. So it’s easier than most but I don’t know anything specific about admissions for Viticulture and Enology.

Thank you all for the feedback regarding gpa!!

It’s sounding like Psyc is pretty much impossible to transfer into… Just curious as to how much weight ECs have on a application, and how very slim my chances are.

3.55 GPA and will be transferring with AA-T - Not Local
Volunteer at a homeless shelter once a week (3 hours), recently put on a charity walk, won awards from local Chamber of Commerce. Presidents/Principes List last few semesters. Grades have improved a lot my last few semesters.

Any Construction Management majors looking to transfer from cc? Or does anyone know how hard it is to get in for this major?

I am dying to know ! When do you guys think the admission decisions will be out?

I know Ive been sitting here refreshing for days now. I wake up and the first thing I do is check the poly site.

Same here!!

@hellooooo32 My guess is Monday.

Same here!!

@ggcm831 Last year I applied with a 3.6 gpa and all the required and some desired classes done and got waitlisted then denied. Not too sure how hard it is to get in but I know a small amount get in but then again only a small amount apply for construction management.

https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/2017-18%20Enrollment%20Targets%20and%20Projections.pdf
Here are the numbers of applicants and slots available for freshman and transfer applicants for each major if any of you are up for a SCARY bedtime story!

@CopperlineX2 No @#%^ way!

My major is civil engineer.
The target is only 18
The total application is 210.
Which means the percent acceptance 8.6 %

@HuyDang The target is how many will enroll. They will accept more than 18.

What does FTF and NTR mean on the projections??

They will accept more than their target number because many will also deny poly.

@Ak1097 First Time Freshman. NTR = new transfer. I guess!

FTF- First time freshman

@HuyDang @polywoly Sounds about right tbh lol

@HuyDang they supposedly accept about 3x the number of slots available