Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

i truly don’t understand why SLO can’t just release all acceptance/denial/waitlist decisions on the same day. the only reason i see for keeping a glimmer of hope alive for those who haven’t yet heard is that maybe some SLO-accepted students will decline soon if they were accepted to their UC of choice - and if the number of declines is higher than anticipated, they might release a few more acceptances between now and april 1. then again, they could just release those acceptances as part of the waitlist process. it’s tough to see all these students and parents trying to read the tea leaves to figure out if they still have a shot.

7 Likes

So strange that they took that down. :confused:

2 Likes

agreed- still waiting but anticipating rejection or waitlist at this point. 9 days to some sort of decision at least. Still waiting on 7 schools so been a long winter.

3 Likes

It is on their reels, so it’s still there.

3 Likes

Interesting, it was on their admissions page earlier

They said “admission decisions” which I think could also mean all remaining could be rejected or waitlisted.

6 Likes

I’m moving on… we are over it! By the time we find out, my daughter will be onto her masters program! Good luck and move onto the other colleges that believed in you.

9 Likes

We’ve actually stopped checking the SLO portal and just hanging out on this thread for news. It’s more fun here :rofl:

22 Likes

Wait has anyone been admitted through their alternate major???

2 Likes

lol! So true!

My daughter just got waitlisted for Northeastern today so check the portal!

1 Like

Sorry I’m late posting here
My D admitted on 3/10
Microbiology
In state - NorCal

1 Like

So I called Admissions today after a friend who is a college counselor insisted that I call to see if they are still admitting students. The woman or student I spoke with stuck with the line that they would still be admitting students until April 1st. I told her quite bluntly that this is not my first rodeo (second child) so I knew the drill and what Cal Poly historically did was admit in first wave, waitlist in second wave, rejection in third wave usually over the course of 3-4 weeks. She said that was not her experience since she’s been there and insisted that no decision meant “no decision.” I just wanted to put that out there but I also don’t believe it. Personally, I think it’s a cruel.

14 Likes

I’m surprised that even a school that basically uses computers to determine eligibility can’t release decisions soon. However, there are some people on the A2C reddit that have stated to get in for CS and such. Why are there so many CS admits???

1 Like

I’m still waiting for Cs :sob:

1 Like

We are on pins and needles awaiting this decision. My D applied to Chico as a fall back school but really does not want to go there but unfortunately did not get into any others in state and the oos tuition is ridiculous.

2 Likes

I forgot where I found it, but there was a graph showing estimates of the number of applications and the estimated admits for each. CS had ~7k estimated applications and ~1k admits, and CE had ~1.4k est. applications and ~400 admits. For me its a one in three thing I really hope luck doesn’t go against me

This a good reminder actually… for anyone who has decided to go to another school, don’t forget to decline the CP admissions offer and open up some spots for those of us who have no choice but to wait & hope :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Here you go: https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/Enrollment%20Projections_2023-24.pdf

3 Likes

Did she specify majors, because I feel like she meant portfolio majors.

4 Likes