Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

This year is already different since it has been more than 11 days from the first admit wave.

3 Likes

Hopefully that means they are working on admitting more people

4 Likes

yea lets definitely hope so, apparently some acceptances have been sporadic, somebody i know just got admitted today.

3 Likes

if he gets rejected, that’s a perfect opportunity to appeal the decision and give him a strong chance of getting accepted. not only is there an explanation for the missing grades, but there is also a show of unique experiences and a well rounded applicant.

2 Likes

Looks like the transfers heard today. What does that mean for the non transfers. Is waitlist/rejections next? :sob:

Freshman and Transfers Decisions are completely separate so it means nothing other than there are more decisions to come.

3 Likes

Thank you. I hope so!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new thread: UC to UC or UC to CSU Transfer (SLO )

Today my daughter got an email saying they will still accept her portfolio. They had asked her to submit one, but she was admitted early, and to the honors program at SDSU in a different major. Now she is reconsidering because we’re assuming they don’t usually come back and ask for one after the deadline has passed. Has anyone else had this experience? She’s not sure what to do. She really likes both schools.

It is Cal Poly Slow…

11 Likes

anyone get anything yet?

1 Like

No…kinda scared

2 Likes

We’ve heard nothing. I have to believe that this means rejection, quite honestly. It’s okay though. You win some, you lose some. My daughter will be accepting at UC Davis for Global Disease Biology, a perfect fit for her. It is a bit disappointing though. I mean, why can’t they release all the decisions at once? It’s pretty ridiculous. Get it together, SLO!

17 Likes

Not just Cal Poly. Try waiting in Northeastern University. Equally as frustrating.

1 Like

Same here… My daughter is leaning heavily to Davis as well - Biochemistry & Molecular Biology. I just wish SLO would finish sending them out - this slow rollout is plain mean - I mean if the UCs can do them all at once why cant SLO?

5 Likes

Same boat for us! My son is waiting on a few schools to make a final decision for Computer Engineering. But is leaning towards a private school with much better merit scholarships.

2 Likes

They did just post on their Instagram that people will still be admitted up until April 1st

3 Likes

Can you pls share the link for the post?

2 Likes

Anyone receive acceptance/waitlist or decline from RPTA/EIM?
Waiting…

Seem the post is down

3 Likes