Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

I reviewed daughter’s app and she DID indicate an alt. major - but the chances of acceptance are even worse than the first choice! ha! :joy: :sob:

2 Likes

Where in the portal can you review how the application was filled out?

VERY helpful page >>>> ([Cal Poly SLO Mustang Parents | Facebook ]

3 Likes

You can review your CSU application by logging into Cal State apply.

Maybe she can attend some of the competition and some of the WOW week? My Cal Poly SLO son (2020 grad) did attend the WOW week and it’s nice and all but remember that “back in the day” parents just dropped students off at their dorms the day before classes started so I’ll say it’s not 100% necessary. I do hate it when there are two conflicting fun and important things that happen at the same time! My DD’s senior prom is scheduled for April 15th which is the “admitted students day” for 4 CA schools she was admitted to (UCSC, SDSU, Cal Poly SLO, and UCSB–the only one she can possibly make it back from in time for the prom is UCSC’s).

Thanks for your reply… it’s the Admission Days event that we have the conflict for… (April 13-15), not WOW… so we’re in the same boat you are in terms of a conflict. If my daughter chooses Cal Poly (highly likely, but still not completely determined!) we will definitely have her attend WOW. :slight_smile:

It’s not necessary to attend. My daughter did not go in 2021 before accepting admission. You can go another time for a tour to get a feel for the school. And if you join the parents group, you could ask if a student from her major might be willing/able to give her a personal tour of the campus when you come.

3 Likes

I recommend the housing tour!

Is Admission Days different than this? Part of the conditional admission (along with maintain HS gpa, etc.) is to attend this:

• Participate in SLO Days and WOW orientation programs. You must register for both orientation programs no later than May 15.
1 Like

Yes… there is an event happening April 13-15. Sounds like more of an event to help the undecided decide. SLO Days is an overnight experience, and WOW is a week-long orientation close to start of school (from what I’ve been reading!)

2 Likes

We are attending Choose Chico this weekend as well. My D has other options too,in state (CSLB, Chico, UCR), out of state and private (with excellent Merit award). I have to get over my stigma from when I was a student about Chico’s just a party school, it did seem be a good Env Sci school too

2 Likes

I would say Admissions Days are very nice but not necessary. They include a campus tour but tours (even special “admitted students tours”) can be booked separately. In fact I don’t even remember seeing “Admissions Days” for CSUs or UCs circa 2016 or earlier (my last pre-pandemic high school senior). I figure they are mostly opportunities for a college to “close” on the deals and get the students to SIR and take pics for Instagram.

1 Like

I live in Chico, literally across the street from the University, and can say that as someone who attended Chico State at the height of it’s ‘party town’ reputation, things have evolved plenty since that time. It’s a gorgeous campus and a friendly community with lots to do and see. :blush:

12 Likes

Thank you! We have just signed up for this Saturday too :blush:

Any Cal Poly news for anyone? Still waiting. My daughter (mech engineering) is waitlisted for UCLA, in at SDSU, UCSB, some private schools, and waiting to hear from cal poly & UC Berkeley. She’s very grateful for just one rejection so far, from UCSD. But UCLA is #1 fir her if she gets in~

1 Like

The painful wait continues for my D23. It would be a total surprising delight if she gets into SLO since it’s been at the top of her list for a long time but at this point but more likely another waitlist or even rejection. A sense of closure either way would be a relief.

Acceptances: Tulane, UCSC, SDSU, Humboldt, SJSU, UOregon
Waitlist: UCD, UCSD, UCSB, UW
Rejection: UCLA

2 Likes

I’m so tired of constantly checking here and reddit all day for news of the remainder of the SLO decisions. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day! SLO was my son’s dream school but sadly it doesn’t look like it’s meant to be for him. We are very happy he has other great options including UCD,UCSC, UCSD and SDSU.

7 Likes

It is slightly comforting to know I’m not the only one having such a hard time waiting on a decision from SLO. My friend’s daughter did get her acceptance to SLO last year after she found out she was accepted to UCSB so that is giving my child hope but I am a disheartened mom with the waiting.

8 Likes

We are in the same boat as many of you. Son applied for Electrical Engineering. The UC decisions were hard; he only made one waitlist. Hoping for some resolution either way with SLO so we can move on to either SDSU or CPP.

6 Likes

Reddit is showing some acceptances into CS and EE for international and transfer students in the last few days. Seems like offers are dribbling out.

3 Likes