Cal Poly SLO Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist Discussion

UCLA pulled from WL this morning. Interesting how SLO hasn’t moved WL

What are they waiting for? :woman_shrugging:t2:

I believe UCs will pull more…ucsd, sb and now LA all using WL. I can’t believe slo did such an amazing job better than all other schools where they haven’t touched wl.

My report card came out today. Most high schools will be forwarding transcripts, so maybe they are waiting for that. Not sure.

Anyone? Anything? Berkeley pulled from WL today.

Nothing here. I’m checking this thread daily. Please post if you hear anything.

3 Likes

We are waiting too and haven’t heard of anyone coming off waitlist for SLO.

3 Likes

We havent heard anything from SLO either. We will definitely give an update as soon as we do.

2 Likes

Very odd, since UCs and other schools are still using wl and began using wl mid April.

1 Like

Anything?

1 Like

Nada…

Zilch…

The fact that they have not yet drawn from the waitlist with only 18 days to until they close the waitlist on July 15th makes me think they may have over-enrolled from standard acceptances and are not likely to use the waitlist at all. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Or enrollment yield is greater than expected.

1 Like

Yeah that is pretty much what I have been thinking for a while now. At this late stage I am not even sure if my kid will want to switch from CPP now that she is pretty much emotionally committed to that school.

1 Like

Then why don’t they just let everyone know that they will not pull from waitlist.?

2 Likes

1000% agree with this. Seems like SLO is unnecessarily dragging this out.

1 Like

SDSU used WL all along, even offered deferments and approved appeals. SDSU closed WL yesterday. CSULB just pulled from WL yesterday.

UCs still using WL or have last couple of weeks.

I know every school is different, but this is odd. Also if they know they are set they dragged it on for no good reason. If they over enrolled for sure they could have informed wl even earlier.

:100: if they over enrolled, or yield is greater…SLO knew these numbers at least for couple of weeks or maybe more.

Zero movement, only school with not even a small pull for any major.

Reddit someone posted they got rescinded from SLO due to transcript. This was 2 days ago. So only info out there related to admissions.

Interesting. Maybe they are waiting for all transcripts before moving to waitlist. That’s wishful thinking. It’s more likely the have over-enrolled and are looking to reduce enrollment based on final semester grades.

If they know they will need to draw from the waitlist in any significant way, they would have started already.