Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

the last batch?

I think she’s talking about freshman decisions

or he
sorry

SLO is not ranked in the same list as the UCs. It is on the regional list and is #3.
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/california-polytechnic-state-university-san-luis-obispo-1143/overall-rankings

1 Like

Heads up, everyone

Cal Poly SLO’s decisions will come out in waves. Sometimes referred to as Rolling decisions.
They don’t release them all at 1-time like a data dump.

So, once they start, don’t get freaked out that some on here in the same major as you have their decisions, but you still do not.

Although the rejections come last which is messed up to string people along but that will be way later.

5 Likes

It is pretty messed up how they notify the denied people last. That’s probably something parents and students should bring up to universities to be modified. Some schools won’t notify you until late April and you have like until may 1 to commit some schools you were accepted to.

5 Likes

I agree. I think if anything they should send decisions out by majors or something like that, whether it be acceptance, waitlisted, or denied, I think it’s only fair for people to know and not have to wait till the very end when people have to start making a decision.

5 Likes

The Cal Poly Admissions YouTube page posted something for transfers today.

2 Likes

When you get your decision — Please post your Stats with it & whether you answered Yes/No to 25% related to your major.

It’s best to copy & paste your Stats into the message box cuz it will save them until you’re ready to send. So when the blood is pumping, you will already have everything ready & can just say your decision.

Please, don’t only say, “I got accepted” cuz nobody will be able to weigh that against anything.
:love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

GPA: 3.84
Applied Major: Wine & Viticulture
IGETC: Complete by end of current semester (Poli Sci, Critical Thinking)
Golden 4: A, A, A, in-progress (Critical thinking)
Pre-reqs: A, A, A, A, A, A
Local: No, Santa Barbara County
Work: 11-15 hrs a week related to major (accidentally said on app it wasn’t)
EC:5 hrs no leadership positions

Haven’t seen any other Vit people here, nor many Ag. Anyone have insight if these are good stats? I know my GPA is better than the average Ag transfers but I’ve heard WVIT is a bit more competitive.

1 Like

I have the same exact GPA as you and I’m also in Ag (Animal Science)
Good luck!

1 Like

Nice! I hope we get in!

Been checking like 10 times a day since late Feb
 hopefully today is the day!

1 Like

When are they posting?

No idea. We’re not even 100 percent sure if it starts today.

3 Likes

I got in last year but due to covid I had my admission rescinded. I applied with a 2.84 GPA for electrical engineering but it updated to 3.35 after the fall semester. I go to the second nearest community college and my work was related to my major. I am applying again with a 3.3 GPA this time. Almost everyone who applied for engineering from my CC got in.

2 Likes

GPA: 3.84
Applied Major: Agricultural and Environmental Plant Sciences
From San Diego
Pre Reqs for major completed and IGETC: AAAA
Work 20+ hours a week related to major
No leadership roles

Haven’t heard anything yet.

1 Like

Pretty much the same stats as both of you guys except my major is Ag Business! Hopefully we all hear back at the same time, since we are all CAFES majors.

1 Like

Been checking the portal every 5 mins I need to stop lol

1 Like

literally me omg

2 Likes

GPA: 3.35
Major: philosophy
IGETC: complete
Golden 4: not quite sure what that is, but I’m quite certain they’re all As.
Pre-req: I might’ve not taken a class or two listed on Assist because they were not given at my CC. Otherwise, all As.

Work 40 hours a week and also a lead contracts analyst in my unit, though I don’t believe I mentioned that. Not academically related to my major, but it’s philosophy, it’s related to everything. Also, married and raised three children with the oldest being nine. As mentioned, I’m a bit older than most of you. I do hope to teach philosophy one day at my local community college as a part time job, if not a complete change of career.

6 Likes