Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

The golden four are just the Critical Thinking, Math Concepts/Quantitative Reasoning, Oral Comm, and Written Comm sections of the GE/IGETC.

Good luck!

1 Like

Ah, I see. In that case, I got an A- for communications.

I am checking this more than the actual portal because Iā€™m scared to check lollll

Honestly I am not sure if its coming todayā€¦ just knowing my luck and my family keeps telling meā€¦ " a watched pot never boils" loll

2 Likes

I was on that Zeemee thing for a while, but itā€™s mostly freshmans so I felt out of place. Thatā€™s why I came here.

So am I! At least this way I know a decision wonā€™t just pop up in my face lol

I meant list your Stats in the same post as your Decision. Hahaaaa :rofl:

Itā€™ll be too difficult for people to search your names that are buried in all these posts to find out what your Stats were.

It you wanna post your Stats now - thatā€™s fine too - But remember during your Decision posts to post your Stats again & Yes/No to the 25% related to your major.

Stay Strong, everybody :love_you_gesture: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Lol, if you donā€™t here from me anymore, it means Iā€™m rejected and Iā€™m drinking a pack of IPA.

9 Likes

Does anyone know if scholarships come out with acceptances?

2 Likes

Right there with you.

1 Like

Same

me but with tequila lol

Hahahaha same. Lets hope that weā€™re still drinking but with an acceptance decision :joy:

2 Likes

Who else tries to see if your portal looks any different before actually checking the application status lol

4 Likes

Yep, and sometimes my heart skips a beat cause the ā€œNo determination has been made at this time.ā€ looks different at first glance.

2 Likes

Every time! Iā€™m so nervous that Iā€™m looking for every little hint first hahaha

2 Likes

@sciencegal23 - Yes, scholarships & financial aid packages will come out at the same time as your Decisions.

It will be found in your portal under ā€œMoney Mattersā€ tab which is at the top of your portal page.

Itā€™ll have a breakdown, itemized list of grants & scholarships that you were awarded, then itā€™ll have a total. It will also tell you the amount in loans you qualify for but you donā€™t have to accept the loans.

Cal Poly SLOā€™s tuition is $10,077 per year. So subtract your financial aid, grants & scholarships from the $10,077.

Cal Poly Scholar:
You donā€™t have to apply to be a Cal Poly Scholars. Admissions & Financial Aid office will evaluate your application & select certain people based on many factors. Once you become a Cal Poly Scholar, you will have it for the rest of your time at Cal Poly. You donā€™t have to worry about it every year. Cal Poly Scholar picks up the difference that your financial aid doesnā€™t cover to award you Full Tuition. Cal Poly Scholars also buys you a $900 laptop of your choosing from their bookstoreā€¦ and a t-shirt :rofl:

10 Likes

Oh wow thank you! That was super helpful!!

1 Like

Everybody ā€”

Keep asking whatever questions you want. I hated the unknown & most on here would make it up cuz they were just guessing.

I am a student at Cal Poly so Iā€™ve gone through the process & if I donā€™t know the answer, then I will go ask my advisers & tell you.

I donā€™t care how little or silly you think your questions are. Just ask & weā€™ll get it answered.

3 Likes

What is the GPA they consider for Cal Poly scholars? Or does it range? Thatā€™s awesome that they cover whatever fafsa doesnā€™t in tuition.

Thanks so much for trying to answer all our questions!!